Developed at Rebellion by the team responsible for the original 1999 classic, in the all-new Aliens vs. Predator players will have the chance to take the role of the three infamous species; the Colonial Marine, the Predator and the Alien. Each of the three species has its very own distinct story-driven single-player campaign mode that interweaves with the campaigns of the other two species. Aliens vs. Predator will also feature unique 3-way online multiplayer, allowing gamers to pit the three species against each other in the ultimate battle for survival and for the right to be crowned the deadliest species.
On planet BG-386 a colonist mining group discovers an ancient pyramid containing a dark and horrible secret. Across the stars a race of warriors is alerted to the discovery of their pyramid and a hunting party is dispatched to ensure that it remains sealed at all costs, whilst deep inside the ruined pyramid a malevolent intelligence awakes from centuries of dormancy.
The addition of DirectX 11 hardware tessellation enables Rebellion to capture the detail, essence and tone of the Aliens and Predator movies, providing players with the most unique gaming experience in franchise history.
You can play as the Alien, Predator, or Colonial Marine. Each species has its own story-driven single player campaign that interweaves with the other species’ campaign
- You’ll experience a claustrophobic and terrifying experience where light is your friend, but there’s never enough. However, the United States Marine Corps are humanity’s last line of defense, and as such they are armed to the teeth with the very latest in high explosive and automatic weaponry.
- As the most deadly species in the universe, the Alien offers you the chance to play as the very stuff of nightmares - the monster in the dark swarming forward with countless others, jaws like a steel trap and claws like blades.
- You will stalk from the shadows and from above, passing athletically through the treetops to ambush your victims. Although equipped with an array of powerful, exotic weapons and tracking equipment, honour ultimately dictates that you must get in close and take your trophies face to face.
Here’s a little bit of info on the seven different multiplayer modes:
- Death Match : If you love a game with frantic, brutal chaos then Death Match in AVP multiplayer is for you. It’s all about getting the most kills in the time limit set. Players can also win the match by hitting the target score before anyone else.
- Infestation: For total overwhelming mayhem, nothing comes close to the tension and potential for pant-wetting scenarios than INFESTATION. One player starts the match as an Alien Hunter and their task is to kill the Marine prey. When a Marine player is killed they will join the Alien Hunter team and help to kill off any remaining Marines.
- Mixed Species Death Match: Just like Death Match, but with mixed species. Two teams, made up of all three species, fight to get the most kills in the set time limit or to reach the target score before the other team.
- Survivor: For the ultimate test of stamina, play Survivor Mode. Survivor allows for up to four players to enter an arena to fight waves of progressively stronger aliens. Each arena will be set up with two main areas. One will be a platform, which is relatively easy to defend; the other will be an area where ambush by aliens is more likely. Supplies of health and ammo will re-spawn in this second area.
- Predator Hunt: If you're after a more stealthy multiplayer game, go for Predator Hunt. In this mode, one player is selected to become the Predator Hunter, the rest of the players take the role of the Marine prey. The Hunter must use the Predator's stealth abilities and advanced equipment to pick off the prey and score points. The Marines will need to defend themselves from this threat and, if possible, to kill the Hunter.
- Species Death Match: Species Death Match pits a Marine team, Alien team and Predator team against each other in a race to get the most kills within the set time limit or to reach the target score before any of the other teams.
- Domination: Take capture the flag to a whole new level with Domination. In Domination, two teams fight for ownership of Control Points around the level. Owning a Control Point gives the team a small and steady stream of points. The more Control Points owned, the more that team scores. A team will win when its score has reached 100 points.
More articles about Aliens vs. Predator