Magicka is an action/adventure game currently under development by Arrowhead Game Studios. The concept of Magicka first came to life in 2008 as a submission to the Swedish Game Awards, Sweden's largest game development competition. The game was first visualized in 2D but has since been remade in 3D and uses much more advanced technology.
In Magicka, the player takes on the role of a wizard of a decadent ancient order, utilizing a complex game mechanic to let players, in real-time, dynamically combine different elements to create spells or the even more powerful Magicks to exploit the weaknesses of their foes. The game will feature 15 different levels in 9 different environments, giving the players a huge replayability with unlockable magicks, weapons and challenge levels not found the first time around.
All game modes will be available with up to 4 player co-op.
Johan Pilestedt, CEO and Game Director at Arrowhead Game Studios recently sat down at the Paradox Interactive Convention to discuss Magicka: "The most important key feature is the dynamic spellcasting system where you can combine spells freely,” says Johan Pilestedt. "For example, combining two elements, like fire and water, creates steam. And if you then combine that steam with earth you create an earth projectile which, when it hits something, explodes in a steam cloud.”
Magicka Game Features:
- Innovative and dynamic spellcasting system with over a million possible combinations
- Up to four-player co-op in all game modes, as well as a single-player option
- Fight your way through 13 different levels in the campaign
- Explore an expansive realm of adventure to defeat the evilest of wizards
- Experience the parody and satire of a clichéd fantasy world
More articles about Magicka