Previously an Xbox Live Arcade exclusive title, Team17 confirmed that the game is coming to Steam, preceeded by a beta test.
Rope, parachute, teleport, and Jetpack your way through combat. From the creators of the original award-winning “Worms” comes the hottest digital sequel, “Worms 2 Armageddon.” The original features have been massively extended for Xbox LIVE Arcade, including four player online and offline multiplayer, voice support, a flood of new and iconic weapons (Concrete Donkey anyone?), all new high-definition landscape themes, fresh play modes, and loads of customization tools including hats and new speechbanks.
Ten years on from Worms Armageddon and the turn-based mayhem and destruction continues! Worms 2: Armageddon is the most fully-featured digital version of the game ever. With four player online and offline multiplayer, voice support, a raft of new weapons (including the return of some iconic weapons from the past), all-new high-definition landscape themes, new play modes, hats, skins, speech-banks, loads of other customization and to top it all off, a highly-involving single player experience with tutorials, deathmatches, races, fort games, and puzzles. It's a package as high on fun as it is destruction!
- Extensive single-player content: Play through three tutorials, three firing ranges, a thirty-mission campaign, plus five secret unlockable missions.
- Online and offline multiplayer: Battle it out in four different ranked game types and extensive leaderboards.
- Massively increased customization: Choose from new hats, skins, speechbanks, gravestones, victory dances, and much more.
- Retro-themed landscape artwork: The high-definition artwork is based on the most loved Worms game ever made.
- Return of iconic weaponry: You've got more than 40 weapons out of the box, including the return of fire weapons and the beloved Holy Hand Grenade
More articles about Worms 2: Armageddon