Runes of Magic features a unique dual class system enabling players to combine one of eight primary classes with a secondary class. The result is a deep player experience that expands upon the game’s deep customization offering. There are two different playable races, Elves and Humans, from which players can choose. Each dual class combination produces its own powerful elite skills. Another popular feature is the opportunity to furnish your own completely individual virtual home, and guilds can construct guild castles, which can be expanded with additional buildings. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and reputation systems, gripping PvP features, deep customization and demanding dungeons, Runes of Magic has something for everyone.
The introduction of Siege Wars will further expand the online world of Taborea as guilds compete against one another to capture their opponents’ castle. The upcoming content update on 11th March will see the launch of the beta phase of the new Player vs Player mode. The definitive launch of the Siege Wars will then follow with the launch of ‘Chapter III - The Elder Kingdoms’.
From the launch of Runes of Magic, guilds have been able to have their own strongholds, with building extensions and furnishings to complete their homes. To launch a Siege War all you need is two guilds, two castles and one simple objective – destroy your opponent and their castle. As a part of Chapter III, the Siege Wars will include new bonuses such as increased running speed and the ability to build an arsenal of weapons including catapults, rams and arrow throwers.
To succeed guilds will need to capture energy nodes on the battlefield to provide the necessary resources for the construction of battle weapons or towers. Should a team break through the enemy’s castle walls and make it to the throne room, then the defenders will have to protect the energy crystal which is kept there. If the team should seize all of the opponents’ crystals as well as their resource nodes, then the battle is won. Special rewards and titles beckon for victorious guilds.
From the launch of the feature, Siege Wars’, Runes of Magic players will have one month to give the battles a thorough test. Frogster will be ultimately implementing the new PvP mode into the online game world to its full extent within the framework of ‘Chapter III – The Elder Kingdoms’.
Runes of Magic Features
- Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- In-depth story experienced through above 2,000 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Gripping Player-versus-Player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Easy travel using portal stones and a wide range of rideable animals
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 simultaneous players
- Entertaining mini-games offering variety to the hero’s routine
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
- Free-to-Play: No monthly subscriptions, free to download the game
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic