In Batman: Arkham Asylum, the Dark Knight takes on his greatest challenge yet when he becomes trapped with all of his most dangerous villains inside the insane asylum of Gotham City - Arkham Asylum!
Batman: Arkham Asylum exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure that takes them to the depths of Arkham Asylum –Gotham’s psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. Gamers will move in the shadows, instigate fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City’s most notorious villains who have taken over the asylum. Using a wide range of Batman’s gadgets and abilities, players will become the invisible predator and attempt to foil The Joker’s demented scheme. Batman: Arkham Asylum features an original story penned exclusively for the game by famous Batman author and five-time Emmy award winner, Paul Dini, whose credits include Lost season one and Batman: The Animated Series.
Batman: Arkham Asylum offers players diverse gameplay that pushes the envelope for action, adventure and superhero games and exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure taking them to the depths of Arkham Asylum.
Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition adds a new dimension to the gameplay experience, with support for TriOviz 3D. TriOviz 3D is a patented 3D process which adds depth to the game, visible to players wearing the included 3D glasses. By leveraging the depth-of-field while maintaining the original gameplay and colour integrity, TriOviz 3D creates a far more immersive gaming experience, allowing console players to dive deeper into the gothic world of Arkham Asylum.
Expanding the gameplay of the original boxed edition, the Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition comes with all six previously released Downloadable Content Challenge Maps on disc, giving players further opportunity to hone their combat skills. Gamers can face-off against Arkham Asylum’s toughest inmates in some of the iconic environs from the game such as the infamous Crime Alley and the insane Scarecrow Nightmare.
Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition will be available across North America from May 11th, 2010, and throughout Europe and Australasia from March 26th, 2010, for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.
- Utilize the unique FreeFlow combat system to chain together unlimited combos seamlessly and battle with huge groups of The Joker’s henchmen in brutal melee brawls
- Investigate as Batman, the world's greatest detective, by solving intricate puzzles with the help of cutting edge forensic tools including x-ray scanning, fingerprint scans, ‘Amido Black’ spray and a pheromone tracker
- Face off against Gotham’s greatest villains including The Joker, Harley Quinn, Victor Zsasz, and Killer Croc.
- Become the Invisible Predator with Batman’s fear takedowns and unique vantage point system to move without being seen and hunt enemies
- Choose multiple takedown methods, including swooping from the sky and smashing through walls.
- Explore every inch of Arkham Asylum and roam freely on the infamous island, presented for the first time ever in its gritty and realistic entirety
- Experience what it’s like to be Batman using batarangs, explosive gel aerosol, The Batclaw, sonar resonator and the line launcher
- Unlock more secrets by completing hidden challenges in the world and develop and customize equipment by earning experience points
- Enjoy freedom in the environment with the use of Batman’s grapple to get to high perches, and jump from any height and glide in any direction
- Sony content available in North America to owners of the PS3 version of the game:
- Play as The Joker exclusively on PS3 – The Joker is available to play in eight Challenge Maps that will be available for download free of charge through PlayStation®Network to owners of the PS3 game
- The Batman Arkham Asylum Batcave Outpost Apartment will include experiential items such as The Batsuit, The Batmobile, The Batwing and selected Batman’s gadgets and will be available free of charge to owners of the PS3 game
- Behind-the-scenes videos featuring interviews with the development team, Paul Dini, scriptwriter for the game, Kevin Conroy, the voice of Batman, and more
- Digital comic “The Road to Arkham” for viewing exclusively on the PlayStation Portable - The digital comic will be available to owners of the PS3 game as a free download through PlayStationNetwork
- Exclusive Challenge Maps to be available 30 days after release
More articles about Batman: Arkham Asylum