The patch will reward fans with an abundance of free content to improve and enhance the much loved strategy game and provide a compulsory and automatic install for the upcoming expansion Majesty 2: Kingmaker.
Brand new content and features included in the patch are;
- An added ‘randomize’ feature in all single and multiplayer missions which shuffles the locations of non-quest monster dens along with sites for the construction of temples and trading posts. Enabling this feature can dramatically affect the difficulty of a mission
- Random filling of treasure chests. Heroes can now discover various amounts of gold, weapons, armour, elixirs and artifacts
- New map editor
- Open access to basic game resources for mod-makers
- Multiplayer compatibility for Majesty 2 with the Kingmaker expansion installed
- Added network compatibility of versions with different languages
- The option to acquire additional game content, part of which is available free-of-charge
- The ability to now view a list of heroes who are interested in a selected flag
- On the mini-maps, the graves of monsters no longer appear as a live enemy
- Anisotropy feature added to graphical settings dramatically improving the display of textures
- Automatic synchronization to remedy any critical mistiming in multiplayer
Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim will focus on reinventing many aspects of the original game, updating the franchise for the 21st Century. A key element that will permeate the game is the charm and humor of the original Majesty. In the world of Majesty, you are the ruler of the kingdom. At your service are your loyal and somewhat obnoxious subordinates, who have their own minds about how things should be done.
Players will finally have the opportunity to once again rule the unique world of Majesty 2. Through indirect control of the title’s characters and units, you will recruit the finest group of Heroes to take on the treacherous Villains of Majesty 2. Doing so can pose quite the challenge, for your Heroes are just as likely to stop in for a beer at the local tavern as they are to fight monsters and undertake heroic quests! Mixing humour and charm into a magical landscape that is quite unlike anything else, Majesty 2 is primed to offer strategy fans a fantastic experience never to be forgotten.
- Play through 4 different campaigns with more than 15 missions, as well as a stand-alone sandbox mode and a variety of multiplayer maps.
- Build the fantasy city of your dreams and experience an engaging world, but beware: monsters are waiting to lay siege to your domain.
- Defend your realm with noble Warriors, spell-wielding Wizards or wild Barbarians. Choose from more than 10 different classes to oversee the protection of your lands.
- Characters will develop in completely different ways, making every hero unique. - Gamespy multiplayer for up to 4 players over LAN or Internet, including support for ranking ladders and tournaments.
- The Stats – 16 missions in each single player campaign. 6 single player scenarios. 8 multiplayer maps. 30+ hours of gameplay
- Temples – Used to promote basic heroes to more powerful heroes, Temples can be built in places of power only. Places of power are defended by magic creatures which the player needs to defeat before they are able to build a Temple
- Trade Posts – Defended by turrets because of their prized attributes, Trade Posts will generate caravans which will travel to the Marketplace.
- Marketplaces – Marketplaces are the hub of the kingdom. There is only one marketplace in each kingdom, making them the center of the player’s game world. Because of their centralized locations, marketplaces are common targets for your enemies.
More articles about Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim