Ether Saga Online is the English-based version of KDXY, one of the newest titles and most popular titles from Perfect World Beijing. The game is based on one the four great classic novels of Chinese literature, Journey to the West. Ether Saga Online combines lavish graphics with a young anime style. It features a slew of unique features and systems that make the game truly one of a kind. Among its many revolutionary systems it features a fresh new Integrated Quest and Navigation System that allows players to seamlessly progress through the game and locate friends effortlessly.
Ether Saga Online is Free-To-Play, once inside the game world, players can earn and spend money to upgrade a large variety of items to enhance their game play experience. Players can acquire and begin using items in real-time without any disruption to game play. Digital goods that players can obtain through the In-Game Shop include: items that can assist with mundane tasks such teleportation devices or consumables that aid player progress, others that reset or temporarily increase stats, expansion of storage capabilities, customizable fashion and equipment, such as mounts that allow faster movement and reduce travel time, social items and gifts that assist communication, and more.
“As a way to thank our players and help celebrate Ether Saga Online’s one year anniversary, we’re giving away tons of pets throughout the week,” said Craig Beers, Product Manager for Ether Saga Online. “With over a quarter of a million pets melded so far, we look forward to and challenge our players to have the best pet possible.”
Among the many anniversary events happening throughout the week, players will have a chance to win awesome prizes such as a Rapid Raptor pet or the Kentauride pet, which was selected by the community via player poll. To win the latter pet, veteran pet trainers will need to successfully meld a specific pet 10 times without changing its outward appearance in the 10 Meld Challenge.
- Integrated Quest/Navigation System – Players will no longer be confused about where to go or what monsters to kill. Quests will have "link" which allow players to click on them and automatically navigate to their quest objectives.
- Unique Races and Classes – Three different races as well as six different classes. Each class having its own unique play style and gameplay.
- Element Leveling System – As players level up, they receive points that can be assigned to specific elements. Each element has its own characteristics and affects the core gameplay of each user.
- Unique Skill System – Each class has a set of unique skills. Skills are not learned from trainers but rather on the fly through a battlefield menu system.
- Birthday Skills – Each character receives special abilities and skills related to the day their character was born.
- Clan Skills – Players can create clans/guilds and have opportunities to learn new abilities and skills as a group.
- In-Depth Pet System – Every player starts with their own pet. Players can tame and capture new pets as they adventure through the world.
- Fusion System – Players can actually fuse with their pets and gain access to new abilities and gameplay options.
- Monster Card System – Players can collect monster cards which allow them to transform into specific monsters. In monster form, players gain access to new abilities and skills.
- Crafting System – Players can choose from 9 different crafting and gathering skills.
- Reputation System – Monsters will have their own factions in-game. Players can gain reputation with these creatures and gain access to new content.
- Alliance System – Clans can group up into Alliances in order to combat difficult monsters or even other Alliances.
More articles about Ether Saga Online