In the world of Pox, the land is divided into eight factions that players can join. With this expansion, points are now awarded to their respective factions as players win battles. PoxNora's storyline will change over time depending on these faction rankings. The Sundered Lands faction are the winners of the first battle.
Catching on to the game's mechanics is easier with the launch of spectator mode. This allows users to watch current matches so they can better grasp how to play before battling it out against experienced PoxNora fans. Players can also watch PoxNora's new game modes "King of the Hill" and "Capture the Flag" in all their glory. In "King of the Hill," players must capture a strategic point on the map and hold it for a set period of time to triumph. For "Capture the Flag" players fight to reach a flag on the battlefield and bring it back to their shrine to score points.
Hundreds of players jumped on within minutes of the launch and the dragonkin of the Sundered Lands faction have taken the first victory. PoxNora is an online strategy game combining elements of collectible trading cards, tabletop miniatures and roleplaying games. Players collect runes that represent champions, equipment, relics and spells. From a deck of 20 runes, players summon forces to battle for supremacy. While the game is free to play with sample decks, gamers can add depth and power to their strategies by purchasing individual runes or rune packs.
Sony Online Entertainment’s Tucson studio released the latest PoxNora game update to better meet the needs of the online strategy gamer. Improvements have made PoxNora sleeker and more accessible, while still holding true to the incredible turn-based fantasy gameplay that originally captivated its dedicated player base. With enhancements to the user interface and a streamlined player experience, PoxNora also introduces the fifth midterm expansion, Heirs to Legend, where eight new champions add to the 800 iconic pieces already available in game.
PoxNora game update features:
- New Rune Manager – A new, easier to use rune manager simplifies staying organized and managing collections
- New User Interface – Includes a sleek, streamlined rune dock, iconic ability buttons and a separate cool-down location
- New and Redesigned Maps – Over 20 new and redesigned maps provide uber replayability
- Updated Attack and Defense System – Efficient attack and defense system provides a clearer understanding of damage and statistics
- Restructured Leveling System – Updated leveling system makes customization easier and straightforward
- New and Improved Tutorial – New players can jump right into the action with the new and improved tutorial
- Redesigned Web Site – Players will see improved functionality with the completely revamped PoxNora.com
More articles about PoxNora