Just Cause 2 stars Rico Rodriguez, back to wreak havoc once again, this time with a new destination – the huge playground of the South East Asian islands of Panau, in an over-the-top Hollywood-esque blockbuster.
With more stunts, vehicles and weapons than ever before and an incredible overhauled grappling hook, Rico returns to action in Panau, an incredibly detailed and vast 1000 sq km game world of different climates and ultra-realistic weather effects. Leap from your plane and skydive from 10,000 feet down into a tropical jungle, tear across an arid desert in a dune buggy or climb your way up a snowy mountain in a 4x4. The vast open-ended, unique gameplay is back, allowing you full freedom once again to free roam and explore the massive world of Panau and tackle your assignments however you want.
With a new and improved air, land and sea stunt system featuring Rico’s notorious parachute and grappling hook, taken to incredible new extremes and a massive array of new vehicles featuring an advanced driving model, players can now pull off some of the finest action stunts ever seen in a video game in a truly massive and beautifully rendered environment.
Working closely with engineers at NVIDIA, developer Avalanche Studios has incorporated support for NVIDIA CUDA technology which helps to deliver a higher level of visual fidelity within the game’s environments. CUDA-enhanced features in Just Cause 2 include incredible in-game effects, with rivers, lakes and oceans beautifully rendered with realistic rising swells, flowing waves and ripples, while advanced photographic Bokeh lens techniques add an additional cinematic quality to the look and feel of the game. Just Cause 2 has also been optimised to take full advantage of NVIDIA 3D Vision technology on compatible hardware, creating an incredibly immersive 3D experience.
“Just Cause 2 is one of the most visually advanced PC titles ever created,” said Lee Singleton, General Manager of Square Enix London Studios. “Working closely with NVIDIA has enabled us to add support for some of the latest PC technologies and help make Just Cause 2 one unforgettable experience.”
- Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Microsoft Windows Vista (Windows XP is unsupported)
- Processor: Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Athlon 64 X2 4200 / Pentium D 3GHz)
- Memory: 2GB System Memory
- Hard Drive: 10GB of free drive space
- Graphics: DX10 compatible graphics card with 256 MB of memory (Nvidia GeForce 8800 series/ ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro)
- Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible sound card
- DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 10
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 or Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 2.4GHz or equivalent
- Memory: 3GB system Memory
- Hard Drive:
- Graphics: DX10 compatible graphics card with 512 MB of memory (Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 series/ ATI Radeon HD 5750 series)
- Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible Dolby Digital 5.1 sound card
- DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 10.1
More articles about Just Cause 2