Wings of Prey is a new World War II PC flight-simulation title based around large-scale, historical aerial combat and land-based military operations of World War II. Players can participate in some of the war's most famous battles piloting fighters, attack planes and bombers across a wide range of thrilling missions. There are six theatres of war to engage in - The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Ardennes, Berlin, Sicily and Korsun representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe.
Built upon the original code base for IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey for console game systems, Gaijin has gone to work and added unique features and content only available for PC flyers! Wings of Prey on the PC, contains several new missions, aircraft and cockpits not found on the console. In total there are over 40 aircraft to fly and fight against in over 50 missions in 6 different historical aerial campaigns. And if you need practice, there are training missions and a mission generator that allows you to create your own custom aerial matchups to hone your dogfighting skills. There is also proper support for joysticks, throttles, rudder pedals and head tracking devices such as the TrackIR.
Wings of Luftwaffe ISthe first major add-on for the highly popular World War II air combat sim for the PC, Wings of Prey. Air combat fans can get 30 percent off the price of the expansion, which Gaijin will release in April, by preordering the product on yuPlay.com.
The expansion will feature ten single missions with support for up to four players in co-op mode, two new planes and over 40 skins for the various planes.
In Wings of Luftwaffe, the player takes the role of a German pilot and participates in explosive battles over Britain, Sicily, the USSR, Belgium and Germany.Â From blocking airdromes, to attacking aircraft, to destroying ground targets, the player will fight with honor and bravery for the glory of Germany.
"Players will enjoy strapping into one of the game's many planes and seeing the Second World War through the eyes of a German pilot," Kirill Yudintsev, project manager at Gaijin, says.Â "We put our players in the heat of battle, and have created an experience so lifelike, you'll feel your padded seat yield to your weight as you evade the attacks of your enemies.Â Wings of Luftwaffe is your chance to experience first hand the desperate fight in the skies over Europe during World War II."
Wings of Luftwaffe key features:
- - Take to the skies as a German pilot
- - Embark on 10 new missions
- - Cooperative mode for up to four players
- - New planes: the Ju 88 A-4 and the P-39N-0
- - 44 new skins for the various planes
Wings of Luftwaffe requires the original game to run.
Wings of Prey also boasts an all new damage effects engine as well as advanced environmental visuals enriching the game play. Wings of Prey features hundreds of airplanes taking part in large-scale air battles. The unique environmental engine also produces highly detailed, realistic landscapes that allow players to see breathtaking ground support actions. The terrain engine in Wings of Prey generates some of the most beautiful scenery ever found in a flight-sim on any platform. From the cliffs of Dover, overlooking the English Channel, to the bombed out Berlin skyline, to the frozen forests of the Ardennes, the landscape is truly amazing! The intense aerial combat is ultra smooth as the code has been heavily optimized to ensure good frame-rates on a wide variety of PCs.
Simmers can also fly online against their friends and wage their own virtual war in thrilling multiplayer dogfights. Wings of Prey Multiplayer supports up to 32 players with four different game modes to choose from. VoIP chat, MP game lobby, leaderboards, friends-lists and join-in-progress capabilities are all included. Also, host migration features provide an easy and seamless multiplayer experience.
Wings of Prey sets a new flight-sim standard in playability and enjoyment and Gaijin will continue to improve and expand the Wings of Prey universe and feature set. This title should be a must-have for every flight-sim fan's library.
- Authentic World War atmosphere: Cutting edge technologies with highly detailed visuals bring the epic battles to life;
- Engage in more than 50 missions from famous historical battles over Eastern and Western Europe;
- Historically accurate aircrafts: Experience over 40 planes including fighters, battle planes and bombers. Learn to master Spitfire, Mustang, Messerschmitt and many more;
- Flexible difficulty level system: from arcade to realistic simulation;
- Downloadable content support: more planes and missions are coming next year;
- Support of 6-DOF TrackIR, TripleHead2Go, Saitek and Thrustmaster joysticks, mouse and voice headsets;
- Thrilling multiplayer: 4 game modes to choose; VoIP, lobby game system, leaderboards, friends lists, join-in-progress and host migration features provide great experience;
- Realistic sound effects and original music from Jeremy Soule
More articles about Wings of Prey