In a recent interview producer Hisashi Koinuma revealed that the Western version of the game will not include any gameplay changes, but that they will "adjust the expressions of violence so that it's more extreme."
"Fist of the North Star" influenced entire generations of manga and anime creators for over 25 years, and established the tone for today's action comics. The game takes place in the manga's post-apocalyptic world where the remaining survivors of a nuclear holocaust roam the wasteland in an ongoing struggle against marauding tribes for food and water.
The game's protagonist is Kenshiro, true successor to the Hokuto Shinken, a centuries old art of assassination. Kenshiro was bestowed the sole rights to the art, but when his elder brother Raoh, refused to give up the style, Raoh killed their master and left to raise his own army. Kenshiro is now searching for his beloved Yuria, but like a hammer of justice Kenshiro is forced to fend off rioting mobs, barbaric desert gangs and savage fighters. Ultimately Kenishiro's journey will lead him back to Raoh who has set forth a path of vengeance.
Taking the role of Kenshiro, gamers will unleash a myriad of devastating fighting techniques and finishing moves powerful enough to bring down whole buildings. Channeling their energy into a single deadly blow, players can strike their victims and cause them to violently explode on screen. Gamers can also let loose with Kenshiro's signature move- a ruthless flurry of ferocious punches, triggering the instantaneous breakdown of internal organs, and death.
- Destructible and interactive environments – In the hugely interactive environments players can smash or pummel their enemies into different objects and buildings as well as pick up objects to maim and obliterate groups of malicious gangs.
- Face down dozens of enemies at once - String combos and attacks together to perform unstoppable killing moves. Power up, then unleash furious Hokuto Shinken special attacks.
- Dozens of unlockable moves - Blistering finishing attacks that can wipe out entire gangs in one blow, or cause single enemies to explode in a shower of gore.
- Hidden characters - Taken straight from the Fist of the North Star universe, players will be able to unlock unforgettable characters such as Mamiya and Rei, amongst others.
- Faithfully reproduced FNS visuals - Every scene and level has been faithfully followed the iconic visual style of the original comic series.
- Original scenarios for every playable character – As well as having their own stories faithfully reproduced from the source material, every character will have a new original story and ending specially made for this game, giving the fans something they could only dream of.
Game producer Hisashi Koinuma promises to be faithful to the spirit of the original manga. The game's story mode will follow the original series, while a second mode will introduce a completely new storyline.
The development team is also blending classic and original designs as they adapt "Fist of the North Star" to a three-dimensional, high-definition game world. The characters of Kenshiro and Raoh will be voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi and Fumihiko Tachiki, respectively, and that a host of Japan's most prolific voice actors would also lend their talents to the project. Rising pop star Nana Tanimura, who appeared on stage at the event, is recording the theme song for the game.
More articles about Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage