Mega Man 10 will return gamers to the nostalgic perfection of classic 2D Mega Man gameplay, embracing retro platform action and NES-inspired old-school graphics.
The year is 20XX and a suspicious outbreak of Roboenza, a Robot Flu, has broken out. It spreads through the world like wildfire bringing down robots everywhere. Infected robots have rampaged out of control, destroying the city and holding it hostage! Who’s behind this mess? It’s up to Mega Man to take on this sinister threat and get to the bottom of this viral mystery.
Through-out Mega Man’s adventure he’ll take on the malfunctioning infected robots and classic-style bosses that can only be found in Mega Man games. Each one has their own unique weapons and vulnerabilities. Of course the creator of the original Mega Man, Keiji Inafune, is in charge of directing and supervising those boss character designs and delivers the wildest villains the series has seen yet.
Great new additions to Mega Man 10 include the option to play as fan-favourite character Proto Man from the start, as well as an all new “Easy Mode” which will allow more fans to indulge in the challenges that make the series great. Additionally, “Mega Man Challenges” mode will allow players to practice their skills and prepare for the hair-raising adventures ahead of them.
Mega Man 10 is the must- have download for Capcom fans both young and old. The retro elements will make this a delicious treat for those who long for the days of nail-biting platform experiences and the new difficulty mode will definitely allow more gamers to enjoy this incredible skill-based romp.
Mega Man 10 does indeed have an additional character you can play as, and that character is Bass! On April 5 th, users can download Bass for 200 Wii points.
Dr. Wily designed Bass with Mega Man’s abilities in mind. Of course there’s a bitter rivalry between the two, although Bass will help Mega Man out if he sees a benefit for himself.
Bass uses a weapon called the Bass Buster, which is a lot like the Mega Buster except that it fires faster and can fire upwards and diagonally (7 directions in all). He can also use the Bass Buster to shoot-down enemy attacks! He uses dash to avoid enemy advances. He can also copy the weapons of the bosses in the game after defeating them, just like Mega Man can. When he combines with his robotic canine pal Treble, he can fly and shoot more powerful projectiles with his buster.
Mega Man 10 Weapons
- Commando Bomb: After launching the Commando Bomb, press up or down on the + Control Pad to make it turn at a 90 degree angle. The blast spreads horizontally (or vertically) and follows the contours of the landscape. This can be used to break through certain walls to get hidden items!
- Wheel Cutter: Press the Attack Button once to attach the Wheel Cutter to your arm, and press the Attack Button again to launch it (it follows the contours of the landscape). You can launch it 3 times and it’s effective to attack enemies at a distance. You can attach the Wheel Cutter to your arm and dart at enemies!
- Triple Blade: You can fire tri-directional blades and attack multiple enemies at one time. There are two patterns: surface-to-air on the ground, and air-to-surface in mid-jump.
- Thunder Wool: You can launch a thunder cloud that slowly rises and a lighting bolt shoots straight down from the cloud.
- Solar Blaze: Splits apart and launches firebombs (left and right) after a set period of time. Effective when you are pinned between two enemies.
- Chill Spike: Launch a freezing liquid which flies in a parabolic trajectory. An enemy hit by the freezing liquid will freeze and become unable to move.
- Rebound Striker : You can throw a rubber super ball straight, diagonally ,up or down. As it gets faster and stronger with each successive bound, you can build up power and hit the target to inflict maximum damage!
- Water Shield : A rotating shield of water surrounds Mega Man. Pressing the Attack Button once more deactivates the water shield and hurls high-speed drops of water that spiral outward.
Brand new “Mega Man Challenges” mode is back!
The “Mega Man Challenges” mode from MM9 has been upgraded! The Mega Man Challenges allows you to practice in stages by clearing various challenges and gives novice players a chance to master the basic controls before attempting the main story mode! Whether you are a novice or an expert, you can brush up on your game and polish it to perfection!
Comparison between Easy Mode and Normal Mode!
Easy Mode is featured for people who gave up on MM9 or have not played an action game for a while. In addition, this would be a perfect mode for people who aren’t used to traditional Mega Man difficulty and need a little assistance.
More articles about Mega Man 10