Penned by legendary comic book artist Joe Madureira (X-Men, Battle Chasers, The Ultimates), Darksiders is set in a Post-Apocalyptic demon-ravaged world where evil forces have prematurely brought about the end of the time.
Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of mankind, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth.
Brought before the sacred Charred Council, War is indicted for his crimes and stripped of his powers. Dishonored and facing his own death, War must return to Earth to search for the truth and punish those responsible. Now, hunted by a vengeful group of Angels, War must take on the forces of Hell, forge uneasy alliances with the very demons he hunts, and journey across the ravaged remains of the Earth on his quest for vengeance and vindication.
Players take on the role of War as he embarks on a brutal quest of vengeance and revenge against the forces that betrayed him with the help of his phantom steed Ruin. Darksiders features open-world exploration, a deep combat system and a huge arsenal of modern and mythical weapons.
Released earlier this year for Xbox 360 and PS3, Darksiders will be available for PC gamers to enjoy in all of its apocalyptic glory this summer. Developed by THQ’s in-house studio Vigil Games™, this version of the game is being meticulously crafted to deliver the same great art style and dynamic game play to a whole new audience.
Travis Plane, Vice President of Global Brand Management commented, “We are delighted to be able to bring Darksiders to the PC. THQ is focused on bringing great product to the PC gaming audience so it was vital that we allowed Vigil the time to optimize the title for the PC platform. We hope PC gamers experience the same thrill and get the same level of satisfaction assuming the mantle of WAR as the console audience did.”
David Adams, General Manager of Vigil Games commented, “We are really excited to have the opportunity to bring Darksiders to the global PC audience. We feel that the growth of digital distribution and PC online communities creates a great environment for our game. We are working really hard to make sure that key features such as user-defined resolutions, interface and both keyboard and game pad control sets are all up to the standards for today’s discerning PC consumer.”
- Combining brutal attacks, supernatural abilities and seamless traversal, delivering intense action combat and epic adventure, set in an immersive demon ravaged world.
- Each open world hub offers players the freedom to explore and make their own game-experience.
- Unleash WAR’s fury with an expansive arsenal of weapons, from the fantasy oriented to the modern and the ability to use virtually anything within your environment as a weapon.
- Customized to your gameplay style. Build up WARs Wrath powers and unleash them in spectacular attacks—or collect Soul Cores to increase or unlock new abilities.
- Gain the services of Ruin, War’s phantom steed, blazing a trail through enemies across devastated environments.
- Joe Madureira’s (X-Men, Battle Chasers, The Ultimates) unique visual art style and original storyline.
- Darksiders will immerse players in a rich cinematic gameplay experience—featuring beautiful graphics, detailed special effects, cinematic lighting and an epic musical score that compliments the in-game action.
More articles about Darksiders