Dragon Nest is an edge-of-your-seat online adventure filled with artful visuals, thundering action sequences and distinctive maps and play styles that will appeal to experienced and beginning players alike. Assuming the role of Heroes of the world of Lagendia, players seek an antidote to save the poisoned Goddess Altea. Facing countless dangers, including a landscape overrun by throngs of deadly dragons, the Heroes must call upon their strength, speed and cunning – and even discover ways to morph into dragons themselves – to defeat the mightiest of the dragons, protect the sacred territories and save Altea.
The beautiful Goddess Altea, creator of the tranquil worlds of Lagendia, plummeted into unconsciousness after being poisoned by her jealous, evil sister Vestinel. The poison can only be neutralized by an antidote made from the source of the poison itself - Vestinel’s magic grail – which has disappeared into Lagendia along with sinister Vestinel herself. Able to communicate to her people only through dreams, the Goddess Altea calls upon the Heroes of Lagendia via all-knowing prophets to find the grail and save her from her eternal slumber. In their quest, the bold warriors must comb the lands for enchanted Power Stones, which allow them to speak with the prophets and unlock the will of Altea through her dreams. But the hunt for the Power Stones is not for the meek, as since the Goddess Altea’s poisoning, the formerly peaceful lands of Lagendia have become home to throngs of deadly dragons bent on thwarting the grail’s discovery and keeping the land in despair.
Are you brave enough to join your fellow Heroes in battle against the mighty dragons and return Lagendia to its once-harmonious state? Only the strongest, keenest and most clever warriors will be victorious – and you will need to use every possible skill to defeat the dragons and save Goddess Altea!
“A key aspect of MMORPGs and Dragon Nest, in particular, is the need to collaborate and communicate with your online teammates. With Dolby Axon, we’re offering our players an intuitive and natural way to communicate with each other because the technology emulates how we talk in the real world,” said Yi-Young Kim, Manager of the Publishing Department at Nexon Corp.
“Dolby Axon was designed to ultimately enable players to use voice communication as a competitive edge,” said Robin Selden, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Dolby Laboratories. “We incorporated many of the technologies that have come to be synonymous with Dolby, including surround sound and audio clarity, to set a new benchmark for online communication, and we’re excited to have worked closely with Nexon in realizing the potential of this technology.”
Dolby Axon’s key features include:
- Dolby surround sound, which delivers an immersing, realistic voice experience complete with surround panning and distance attenuation.
- An occlusion engine that dynamically responds to game geometry, enabling gamers to experience voice communication that matches the game environment.
- Voice fonts that add an element of fun to the game, and allow gamers to take on their voice of choice with attributes of game characters in supported games. These can range from a high-pitched elf voice to the dark and sinister tones of an ogre.
- Dolby voice pipeline, which delivers a clear voice experience free of unwanted noise, echo, clipping, and leveling problems.
- Flexible API offering creative integration and game play options to developers, including the ability to create new voice experiences in games.
- Dynamic Combat. No monotonous “click and wait” combat in Dragon Nest! Experience thrilling combination and chain attacks for intense, non-stop action
- Intuitive yet Engaging Game Play. Though totally immersive, Dragon Nest employs clear goals and intuitive, convenient controls that encourage a wide range of players to become fully engaged in the action and further enjoy their online gaming experience
- Unique Maps and Play Styles. Dragon Nest dungeons change at random and monsters spawn indiscriminately, forcing players to stay on their toes as they explore Alcheringa, engage in guild vs. guild territory wars or even morph into dragons themselves to fight with the mightiest of the dragons and protect the sacred territories
- Flexible Proprietary Technology. Dragon Nest boasts the proprietary, fully optimized “Eternity Engine,” which provides artful, premium graphics with low system requirements that allows for thousands of players to be simultaneously online in the worlds of Alcheringa
- Experienced Team. Dragon Nest was created by an extremely talented development team consisting of veterans who have worked on the Kingdom Under Fire series, N3: Ninety Nine Nights and Huxley
More articles about Dragon Nest