Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is set in the grim, war-ravaged world of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 universe – a dark, futuristic, science-fiction setting where armies of technologically advanced warriors, fighting machines and hordes of implacable aliens wage constant war. Developed by critically acclaimed RTS developer Relic Entertainment, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II ushers in a new chapter in the acclaimed RTS series, as ancient races – including the dauntless Space Marines and savage Orks - clash across ruined worlds on a mission to claim the galaxy and preserve their own existence. Powered by the re-vamped Essence Engine 2.0, the next evolution of Relic's proprietary game engine made famous in the award winning Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II will deliver fast-paced RTS action with ferocious melee and ranged combat in fully destructible environments. Immersing players in an in-depth non-linear single-player campaign and a fully-co-operative multiplayer mode, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is set to deliver the most visually-stunning Warhammer 40,000 setting ever created.
With the release of the Chaos Rising expansion on March 11, ALL Dawn of War II owners will have their copy of Dawn of War II updated with additional content.
This new update to the game includes:
Everything you need to face the forces of Chaos
- New Units for each of our existing races.
- Space Marine Librarian
- Eldar Wraithguard
- Ork Weirdboy
- Tyranid Tyrant Guard
- Tyranid Genestealer Brood
- Play with Chaos Rising owners – play against the new Chaos race in multiplayer or alongside two new heroes in The Last Stand.
- New Game Mode – Free for All
- Battle against five other players in the new Free for all (FFA) game mode where there can be only one victor. Victory points will change hands and knives will be firmly planted into backs as players slowly gain points towards their win. If you’re in the lead, prepare for the onslaught of every other desperate player in the game. The game will also support Team free for all, which sets three teams of two against each other.
- New Maps
- Seven new multiplayer maps to continue the war on.
More articles about Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II