Specific changes coming with the update include tweaks to rout and pursuit moves, several alterations to both how disorder is handled and displayed, minor bug fixes, and more.
Please note: It is strongly recommended that all customers install this update. This update is required to continue using the multiplayer feature of Field of Glory. The update will also allow owners of Field of Glory to also play against people who purchase the Rise of Rome expansion.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Excitement has been steadily building in anticipation of the Rise of Rome expansion. With this update, Field of Glory owners will be able to continue enjoying the game’s true strength in multiplayer along with people who purchase Rise of Rome. We can be sure there will be no shortage of generals to clash with!”
Field of Glory is turn based and set during the Rise of Rome, from Zama in North Africa to the battles of Boudicca’s revolt in Britain.
The game's main features are:
- Gameplay that allows key decisions to decide the results of historical battles
- Detailed and accurate depiction of ancient warfare
- 12 historical battles with hundreds of units to control
- Play as Rome, Carthage, Gaul, Germanic Tribes and the Spartacus Slave Revolt and even the Roman civil war
- Single and 2 player head to head modes
- Comprehensive scenario builder included
Later releases will include additional battle packs and an army designer where players will be able to choose their favourite armies and match their skills against opponents of their choice, on an almost infinite selection of battle fields.
More articles about Field of Glory