Runes of Magic has redefined the standard for free-to-play MMORPGs in terms of gameplay, fun and quality. The online role-playing game has an exciting, multi-layered story, driven by more than 2,300 quests set in the fantasy world of Taborea. To date, Runes of Magic has attracted more than three million registered users, making it one of the most successful free-to-play titles on the market, and a must play game for all fans of RPGs and MMO games.
Runes of Magic features a unique dual class system enabling players to combine one of eight primary classes with a secondary class. The result is a deep player experience that expands upon the game’s broad customization offering. There are two different playable races, Elves and Humans, from which players can choose. Each dual class combination produces its own powerful elite skills. Another popular feature is the opportunity to furnish your own virtual home, and guilds can construct guild castles, which can be expanded with additional buildings. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and reputation systems, gripping PvP features, deep customization and demanding dungeons, Runes of Magic has something for everyone. Taiwanese developer Runewaker regularly expands the game world with new free content and challenges.
In Runes of Magic, slain foes leave behind cards which provide specific attribute points alongside the usual monster information, which improve the basic stats of the player’s character. Each monster, including the notorious Demon Lord, will have a card which provides bonuses on character stats such as dexterity or stamina. These cards no longer simply act as trophies for the players but also provide valuable attribute upgrades. In addition to the 48 new creatures which will be implemented in the first phase of this new release in Runes of Magic, there will also be around 800 different monsters in the ‘Monster Compendium’. All of these creatures will be listed in this compendium under ten categories such as ‘Undead’ and ‘Beast’.
However, it’s not just through slaying monsters that players will be able to obtain these coveted monster cards. Trophy collectors and attribute hunters will also have the ability to purchase cards from other players in auction houses or to trade them directly.
Runes of Magic Features
- Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- In-depth story experienced through over 2,300 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Gripping Player-versus-Player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Easy travel using portal stones and a wide range of mountable animals
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 simultaneous player
- Entertaining mini-games offering variety to the hero’s routine
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
- Free-to-Play: No monthly subscription, free to download the game
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic