Enter the world of Gilverado, a kingdom plagued by hideous monsters and tortured souls. Choose from four angels with unique demonic familiars and battle against a storm of enemies pouring out of Hell's gates! Fight your way out of tight spots as you are surrounded by enemy units and bullets from both sides of the screen.
The unique left/right shooting mechanic of Deathsmiles will keep you on your toes as you dodge and weave through complex enemy fire, beautifully crafted by the modern masters of shmups, CAVE. Triggering “Power-up mode” will unleash great streams of golden crowns, white tiaras, and grey skulls as you cut through enemies with your little Angel's mighty magic shot. Try not to get distracted by the bling as you collect these gorgeous trinkets en masse and pump your high score to the limit!
- Deathsmiles Faceplate featuring four cute angels trapped in a creepy gothic cage! This faceplate was never released in Japan, go us!
- Deathsmiles Premium Arrange Album! 15 spooky high energy tracks selected by Manabu Namki, Director of Deathsmiles!
- Deathsmiles horizontal artbox and game to compliment the shmup orientation!
“Most shooters feature space ships heroically charging through bullet showers to kill some alien nuisance,” says Cherie Baker, PR Specialist. “With Deathsmiles, you've got little girls flying through a gothic otherworld to destroy the horrific, necrotic Imperator Tyrannosatan. Really what could top that!?”
- Five Characters to Explore Gilverado: Choose Windia, the foppish English girl; Casper, the sassy German; Follett, the cautious French girl; or Rosa, the California valley girl. Travel down the roads of Gilverado and discover hidden conversations between the angels.
- Mega Black Label: Test your supernatural powers against the onslaught of the Ice Palace and its forgotten protector! Put your skills to the test with a new scoring system that demands more, but pumps out even more explosions of shiny tokens!
- Choose Your Path and Difficulty: You can choose your own route through the game’s stages and set the difficulty for each, from a level of 1 to 3. These difficulty levels allow you to customize the bullet count and boss toughness. Watch out if you choose level 3 four times, though…
- Save and Play Back Replays:Save replays of your own games to watch later for your own enjoyment. Players can also download the top 20 scoring runs on the leaderboard.
- Online Rankings & Online Co-op: Check out your score on the online leaderboard, with rankings for each character and game mode. Two-player cooperative play is also available via: Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network!
More articles about Deathsmiles