Def Jam Rapstar captures the essence of what Hip Hop is all about: the music, the battles and of course...the swagger.
The ultimate emcee experience for video game consoles, Def Jam Rapstar is the only music game that focuses exclusively on Hip Hop. With more than 40 of the greatest Hip Hop songs available at release, including region specific music for the UK and Europe, Def Jam Rapstar allows you to be the star: by rhyming, using your console camera, and uploading your video to the fully integrated Def Jam Rapstar community at the official website. Def Jam Rapstar also offers you the ability to freestyle over tracks by some of the hottest hip hop producers and upload your freestyle performances for the world to decide how good you really are.
Initial confirmed Def Jam Rapstar gameplay tracks include:
|2 Pac||I Get Around|
|50 Cent||I Get Money|
|Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg||Nuthin' But a "G" Thang|
|Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx||Gold Digger|
|Lil' Wayne||A Milli|
|Slick Rick||Children's Story|
|T.I. featuring Rihanna||Live Your Life|
|Wu Tang Clan||C.R.E.A.M.|
|Young Jeezy featuring Kanye West||Put On|
- Def Jam Rapstar is the first music game fully dedicated to Hip Hop
- With over 40 songs spanning the history of Hip Hop, Def Jam Rapstar offers a diverse track list with some of the biggest songs in Hip Hop from all music labels
- Unlike most other microphone-based games, Def Jam Rapstar features custom, proprietary voice recognition technology that judge’s lyrical accuracy. In addition to lyrical accuracy, Def Jam Rapstar also measures players pitch and timing to provide your complete score in real time
- Utilizing the Xbox Live Vision camera or PlayStation Eye, Def Jam Rapstar allows you to create a video of the performance starring yourself, edit, and then upload to www.defjamrapstar.com, a fully integrated online community where players can share their videos with the world to gain global recognition and become a bona fide rapstar!
- Freestyle mode allows MC’s in the making to kick your own lyrics over well-known producer’s beats, offering a chance to show and prove that you have what it takes
- Battle Mode allows you to compete locally head-to-head for the highest score, and Duet mode, where both players sing and rap together to achieve the highest combined score on any given song
- Compatible with all 3rd party microphones on the market
More articles about Def Jam Rapstar