Iceberg Interactive will publish and distribute the CD box in Europe through local major retailers and through their on-line shop. The European version will also be localized in French and German. The localization will include manuals, user interface and in-game text.
- Experience the Liftoff shakes and engines roar right from the Commander's or Pilot's seats.
- Perform mission procedures: press buttons, rotate knobs, control the General Purpose Computer and manually guide the Shuttle to a safe landing etc.
- Perform variable-difficulty historical missions from STS-1 (the maiden flight), through secret DoD missions, and up to the recent ISS missions.
- Beautifully rendered Space Shuttle 3D virtual cockpit, Shuttle, International Space Station, Hubble, satellites
- TrueEarth Global Satellite Imagery – licensed from TerraMetrics Inc. These are the same textures used by Google Earth.
- First Person View, including Space Walks – you cannot get any closer to the ISS or Hubble than that!
- Launch Control, Mission Control, Shuttle and Astronauts audio smart communications.
- Three difficulty modes: from Novice which leads the "astronaut" through the tasks with context arrows and full text subtitles, to "Read the Manual and Checklists Commander!"
- TrackIR Support in 3D Virtual Cockpit and first person view during EVA
- Multiple-Monitor support for Matrox TripleHead2Go and Nvidia nView
- Native support for Vuzix iWear VR920 Stereoscopic goggles + head tracking. This is the closest you can get to the NASA VR Labs where Shuttle Astronauts train for ISS missions (on compatible systems).
- Space Shuttle Mission Simulator is an unforgettable experience. If you've ever wondered, how it feels to be in command of the Space Shuttle, to do "space walks" and float around the ISS, enjoy the view of our beautiful planet at dawn and sunset from space, this it!
More articles about Space Shuttle Mission Simulator