On the mound, Major League Baseball 2K10 uses Total Control Pitching to allow players to place the ball exactly where they want to throw it. At the plate, Total Control Hitting lets you hit for power, hit for contact, or even a defensive swing to protect the plate. Major League Baseball 2K10 features the all new My Player mode that allows you to create a player and progress all the way from the minor leagues to the Hall of Fame.
2K Sports' Major League Baseball 2K10 season simulation, which crowns the Philadelphia Phillies as World Series champions in a projected 4-1 series victory over the Boston Red Sox. The Phillies' double-play combination of Jimmy Rollins and Chase Utley proved to be too much for Josh Beckett, Jonathan Papelbon and the Red Sox, with Rollins taking home the World Series MVP award. The simulation also predicts American League division championships for the New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox and Texas Rangers, with the Boston Red Sox obtaining the AL Wild Card. In the National League, the Atlanta Braves, St. Louis Cardinals and San Francisco Giants are projected as division champions, with the Philadelphia Phillies garnering the NL Wild Card.
The Major League Baseball 2K10 season simulation also predicts Albert Pujols winning his fourth National League MVP award, and Dan Haren winning his first National League Cy Young award. In the American League, the simulation results predict a Yankees' sweep with Alex Rodriguez winning his fourth MVP and C.C. Sabathia his second Cy Young award.
In addition to these accolades, Haren is predicted to pick up an impressive 18-7 record, with a 3.05 ERA, 212 strikeouts, and 230 innings pitched. Sabathia is predicted to post an equally impressive 20-5 record, 3.07 ERA, 206 strikeouts, and 234 innings pitched.
Offensively, Pujols is projected to post a .315 batting average, with 38 home runs, and 109 RBI, while scoring 100 runs. In the American League, Rodriguez is projected to hit .317, with 31 home runs, 108 RBI, and 106 runs.
Not to be outdone, Major League Baseball 2K10 cover athlete Evan Longoria, third baseman of the Tampa Bay Rays, is projected to enjoy another All-Star season with 37 home runs, 111 RBI, 90 runs scored and a .281 batting average.
To see the full season simulation results, visit the 2K Sports website for more details.
- Work the corners - Based on each pitcher’s mechanics and official scouting reports, Total Control Pitching lets you put the ball exactly where you want it -- provided you keep a close eye on your pitch count.
- Work the count - With Total Control Hitting you can time your swing to hit for power, put the ball in play or take a defensive cut. Batter's Eye uses a hitter’s real-life eye rating to help you identify Fastballs, Breaking Balls and Off Speed pitches before they get to the plate.
- The best play like the best - True-to-Life Player Rating System, Signature Style and a new Motion Model ensure every pitch, swing, catch, throw, steal and slide looks and feels like you’re at the ballpark.
- Become a living legend - With My Player mode you can create a player, choose a team and then play your way into the Hall of Fame®.
- Authentic Presentation - MLB Today delivers real-time scores, standings, news and stats to ensure timely commentary that reflects what’s actually going on in the Majors.
- Knowledge is power - Use Inside Edge to scout players, assess strengths, weaknesses and tendencies, and then exploit them to get the upper hand
More articles about Major League Baseball 2K10