- New Game option to set Campaign AI to easy, normal or difficult NPC soldiers should now climb siege ladders without problem.
- There is now a chance player companions will not fall prisoner with you when you are defeated.
- The game will no longer crash if you move all your prisoner into a castle.
- AI weapon selection improved.
- AI will no longer equip two shields.
- Your companions who are prisoners at a faction's castles are now set free when peace is declared.
- Party skill bonuses are now calculated correctly.
- Fixed slashing through your horse and buildings using hafted blades on horseback.
- Added max_number_of_connections option to rgl_config.txt. Players who have difficulty receiving server list from internet can lower the default value (64) to 20 or so.
- Number of maximum bandit parties reduced by 15%.
- Added Chinese language option (Simplified and Traditional).
- Many other bug-fixes.
Mount & Blade is a single-player, third- or first-person action/role-playing game with a focus on medieval combat. Developed by the Turkish development house TaleWorlds Entertainment, the BETA version of the game has received acclaim worldwide by gamers impressed by everything from the realistic horseback combat to the sandbox gameplay. The latter enables players to roam the map freely in a medieval world that offers options ranging from hunting down bandits, trading for profit in the game's deep economical system and becoming a commander and taking part in the wars ultimately becoming a great lord of the realm.
Of late the dreams of battle have abandoned your slumbering mind. They fade like shadows into the dark endless night, leaving you to tremble in despair. For it has been too long since your last mortal combat.
You cannot escape the destiny of a warrior's heart. It lies beyond the distant hill, within the halls of the next castle, among the bloodied reeds of surrounding lands. Be it on foot with axe or with Mount and Blade, you are fated to fight in the lands of Calradia once more.
- Multiplayer – previously announced, the ability for up to 32 players to play simultaneously on a single map in ‘Team Death Match’ and ‘Search & Destroy’ style battles
- Faction Rulers – A new in-depth system allowing the player to gain followers even as a rebel and to become the ruler of their own faction and recruit Lords as their vassalals
- Accessibility – Improved and additional detailed game information for players.
- Improved Graphics and optimisation – The introduction of state-of-the-art rendering technologies including HDR (High Dynamic Range), as well as significant improvement in the level of detail on characters, armour and weapons
- Increased interactivity - New interactivity implemented in the environments that the AI will recognize and adapt to, directly impacting the Siege mode
- Improved Mechanics for Soldier Morale - Soldiers will break and run away if their morale gets too low.
More articles about Mount & Blade: Warband