As the official game of the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, F1 2010 will include all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the coming season. F1 2010 will feature the return of seven times FORMULA 1 Drivers’ World Champion Michael Schumacher, the introduction of several new teams, and the brand new Korean International Circuit that will host the 2010 Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix.
F1 2010 will become the first official Formula One game to appear for Xbox 360 and marks the return of Formula One to PC after an eight year absence.
In F1 2010 gamers will take on the full, expanded grid in a variety of game modes including Grand Prix, Championship, Time Trial and an extensive, innovative Career mode. F1 2010 will also feature a highly advanced damage model, fully dynamic weather system and extensive competitive multiplayer options.
In production at Codemasters Studios Birmingham, F1 2010 is being developed using the EGO Game Technology Platform, Codemasters’ proprietary tech that powered the critically acclaimed, million-plus selling Colin McRae: DiRT 2 and Race Driver: GRID. The technology has been further developed to accurately recreate the unique aerodynamics and handling of 200MPH+ FORMULA ONE cars. The tech combined with Codemasters’ unprecedented access to FORMULA ONE teams and drivers will ensure that F1 2010 delivers the most authentic Formula One racing experience yet.
- All the cars, all the stars. Fully licensed, F1 2010 features all the drivers and teams set to contest the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, including Formula One Drivers’ World Champions Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher.
- Every circuit, beautifully realised. Race wheel to wheel on all 19 of the 2010 tracks, each modelled with exceptional attention to detail and jaw-dropping visuals.
- Be the driver, live the life. There is more to being a Formula One driver than being the fastest person on track and F1 2010 is the first game to allow players to experience the exclusive world of F1 like never before.
- Fully dynamic weather affects your strategy, performance and delivers stunning visual effects. F1 2010 features the most advanced weather system in any racing game.
- Build a career. Whether players wish to work their way up from the bottom, switching teams as they go, or build a dynasty with their chosen team, gamers can fully realise their aspirations in F1 2010’s extensive and challenging career mode.
- The full pit lane, featuring each team in their various stages of strategy, becomes home to tense and exciting moments of drama as the drivers and crew work to return their car to the race as fast as possible.
- Full online multiplayer. F1 2010 will include extensive online multiplayer options allowing players to take on their friends and the rest of the world in a range of race modes.
More articles about F1 2010