Join thousands of other players and make your home in Free Realms! Do what you want to do, when you want to do it, in a lush, living, 3D world filled with lush landscapes and fun wildlife.
Free Realms gameplay is as varied as the people who play. Looking for adventure? Unlock jobs like Ninja, Explorer and Wizard to battle enemies and disarm traps as you search for lost treasure, or duel other players. Battling not for you? Take time to teach your pet a new trick, decorate your house, or grow vegetables and flowers. When you're ready for a different kind of challenge, play a wide variety of completely integrated mini-games to craft useable items or get your high score onto the leaderboards.
There's always something new to see and do in the world of Free Realms, with weekly and monthly content updates, regular and special events, and even player-created parties and celebrations.
"Reaching 10 million registered players on the eve of Free Realms' first birthday is an incredibly exciting event for SOE and our passionate online community," said John Smedley, president of SOE. "Millions of gamers have confirmed that the genre we pioneered over 11 years ago with the original EverQuest continues to evolve and expand to include new styles of gameplay that reach a wider audience than ever before."
As early as mid-April, players will see party decorations in various areas of Free Realms that signal the kick-off of the birthday festivities. Celebratory live community events, two new combat minigames, party hats and commemorative t-shirts for player avatars are just some of the new extras to look forward to. A new series of 15 birthday quests will also be added. Players are urged to participate in a large scale cake fight in order to help prevent the ruin of the Free Realms birthday bash by Cakenstein, a colossal monster made from cake recipes gone wrong.
This month, Members can also look forward to the release of new types of Rides like the rainbow-mane Unicorn, Beetle and Balloon Animal Pets, and Chick and Rabbit Pet Pals.
To get a head start on all the April festivities, SOE is running a Double Station Cash Weekend where players pop into select retailers to purchase Station Cash cards (excluding Starter Cards), which can be redeemed from April 2 to April 4 for double their value in Station Cash, which is used to buy virtual goodies or upgrade to a Membership status in the game. Only cards redeemed between Friday, April 2, 2010 (after 4 PM Pacific Time) and Sunday April 4, 2010 (before 11 PM Pacific Time) will receive double Station Cash value.
Key Features :
- Free Gameplay: Free Realms is free to play, however additional content can be accessed through a membership or micro transaction.
- Rich Character Creation: With thousands of customizations and combinations, you can blend fantasy and reality to create your perfect avatar.
- Be Whoever You Want: Characters aren't locked into classes or jobs - you can be a wizard one minute and a race car driver the next.
- Kid-Safe: Parental controls allow for the customization of safety options, including pre-canned chat, reporting and filters for younger players.
- Fun for Everyone: With so much to do and see it’s easy to find something for you! Start by playing one of 14 different styles of minigames like cooking, kart racing, mining, demolition derby and music conducting. The action doesn’t stop there, as there are over 460 quests for everyone with an additional 240 available to Members. Even though combat is optional, there are 80 free battles and 15 additional Members Only battles—plenty of action for those eager to fight fierce creatures!
- Vibrant, Deep Environment: Eight distinct, unique and breathtaking environments for gamers to explore for launch. Areas include the snowcapped mountain villages of Snowhill, the dark and mysterious Blackspore, and real fun in the sun at Seaside.
- Connect with Friends: Whether you’re meeting up with old friends or finding new ones, Free Realms lets players stay connected through its social networking page. Just log in, see what your friends have been up to, click their avatars and join them in the game!
- Trading Card Game: The Free Realms Trading Card Game will let players pit a variety of fun characters and creatures against one another in fun, fast-paced combat. Half the game is collecting new cards, to arm yourself with the best line up of attacks and defenses. You can even prove your might in online tournaments!
More articles about Free Realms