Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse.
All PC versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be powered by Steamworks, providing gamers with auto-updating, anti-cheat technology, Steam Achievements, and the recently introduced Steam Cloud.
With verified one day sales totaling more than $401.6 million (£242.4 million) worldwide, the action-packed first-person shooter video game was the fastest selling entertainment product in its first 24 hours on sale, breaking the Guinness World Record previously set by the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV.
Shattering all entertainment launch records set by box office, book and album sales, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 blew past the record-setting video game launches of Grand Theft Auto IV, which grossed $310 million (£159 million) in its first day on sale in 2008, and the previous record-holder, Halo 3, which took in $170 million (£84 million) its first 24 hours on sale.
"Video game releases such as the Call of Duty series have outperformed the launches of major Hollywood blockbusters for several years and the day-one sales for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 proved once again that video games have become cultural events in their own right," said Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition Editor, Gaz Deaves. "The fan movement and hype surrounding this game in the run-up to launch was almost unprecedented in scale; we acknowledged early on that the big question wasn't if it would break all-time entertainment records, but rather by how much."
"This achievement is a reflection of the support from our community of fans around the world," said Creative Strategist, Robert Bowling from developer Infinity Ward. "The Call of Duty series and Modern Warfare have been our passion - we've dedicated our lives to giving our best, so it's an honour to be recognised by setting a new standard among all entertainment properties."
Key Features :
- Epic Single Player Campaign
- Epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Special Ops Co-operative
- An entirely new gameplay mode which supports 2-player co-operative play via online or split screen that is unique from the single player story campaign.
- Special Ops pits players into a gauntlet of time-trial and objective-based missions.
- Rank-up as players unlock new Special Ops missions, each more difficult.
- Missions include highlights from the single player campaign, fan favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and all new, exclusive missions.
- Multiplayer Reinvented
- Setting a new bar for online multiplayer, Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer delivers new enhancements including:
- Customizable Killstreaks
- Sentry Gun
- Predator Missile
- Care Package
- Accolades (Post match reports)
- Create-a-Class evolved
- Secondary Weapons
- Equipment - Machine Pistols - Throwing Knives - Shotguns - Blast Shield - Handguns - Tactical Insertion - Launchers
- Perk Upgrades
- Riot Shields
- Bling (Dual attachments)
More articles about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2