City of Heroes brings the comic book world alive in a massively multiplayer 3D online universe. Build your own unique super-powered hero or villain from millions of possible character combinations and venture into Paragon City or the Rogue Isles to live out your comic-inspired fantasies, and even create your own missions!
Issue 17: Dark Mirror
In honor of our Six Year Anniversary we are proud to announce that Issue 17: Dark Mirror will officially release on our birthday, April 28th!
The amazing visuals made possible by Ultra Mode plus new story arcs, player emotes, numerous Mission Architect additions, the introduction of animated tails and much more will hit the live servers for your enjoyment next Wednesday.
As part of this release you will be receiving:
- 1 Free Respec (so use up your current one if you still have it to make room for this one!)
- 1 Costume Token per unlocked costume slot.
So on anniversary day, see City of Heroes in a whole new light (literally) and help us celebrate by playing and enjoying this latest free content update!
You may have noticed that things tend to get a little… “out of hand” in-game on our anniversaries. Well, this year will be no exception! On Monday, April 26th and Tuesday, April 27th, get ready for chaos to break loose on a server near you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to band together with your fellow players to defeat giant obstacles, earn merits, badges, XP and maybe even pick up a 30 day anniversary title!
Click here for the list of days, servers and times!
In-Game Training Room Meet and Greet with the Devs!
The developers want to wish you happy anniversary personally on Wednesday the 28th, so please join us at the following times in Pocket D on the North American and European Training Rooms:
- *EU Training Room - 5pm - 9pm British Summer Time (18:00 - 22:00 central European Summer Time), Wednesday, 28th April
- 5-6pm British Summer Time (18:00 - 19:00 central European Summer Time) - Melissa “War Witch” Bianco, Sean “Dr. Aeon” McCann
- 6-8pm British Summer Time (19:00 - 21:00 central European Summer Time)—Matt “Positron” Miller
- 6-7pm British Summer Time (19:00 - 20:00 central European Summer Time)—Floyd “Castle” Grubb
- 7-8pm British Summer Time (20:00 - 21:00 central European Summer Time)—Matt “The Television” Stults
- 8-9pm British Summer Time (21:00 - 22:00 central European Summer Time) - Chris “Back Alley Brawler” Bruce, Jesse “Ghost Falcon” Caceres
- *NA Training Room - 11pm - 3am British Summer Time (00:00 - 04:00 central European Summer Time), Wednesday, 28th April
- 11pm-12am British Summer Time (00:00 - 01:00 central European Summer Time) - Melissa “War Witch” Bianco, Sean “Dr. Aeon” McCann
- 12- 2am British Summer Time (01:00 - 03:00 central European Summer Time)—Matt “Positron” Miller
- 12-1am British Summer Time (01:00 - 02:00 central European Summer Time) - Jesse “Ghost Falcon” Caceres
- 1-2am British Summer Time (02:00 - 03:00 central European Summer Time)-- Floyd “Castle” Grub
- 2-3am British Summer Time (03:00 - 04:00 central European Summer Time)—Chris “Back Alley Brawler” Bruce, Matt “The Television” Stults
*In some cases (and depending on availability), certain Devs may stay beyond their scheduled ‘appearance’ times.
If you don’t currently have a copy of your character on The Training Room, make sure to transfer him/her there so that you can pay the Devs a visit! Go here - http://boards.cityofheroes.com/charactercopy.php to transfer your character now.
*Please note: Due to the content release on this day, if any problems with Issue 17 arise that require Dev attention, we reserve the right to reschedule the North American Training Room In-game “Meet and Greet” Event to another day/time.
Global Anniversary Address From War Witch
This year, the baton has been passed to War Witch who will present the 6 Year Anniversary Address to players. At approximately 8pm EST in-game (and shortly thereafter on the website), she will share some words of wisdom that will no doubt reflect on the past and help us all look forward to the future!
Declare Your Loyalty Anniversary Contest!
Leave your mark on Praetoria forever! Be watching the website within the next week for the debut of our “Declare Your Loyalty” Anniversary Contest which will allow Loyalists to create a piece of propaganda for a billboard in Praetoria and Resistance supporters to create a piece of graffiti that will appear around the city. The best thing about this contest? Winning entries in both categories will all be considered for inclusion in the game! There will be other great prizes too, of course!
Specifics are coming soon, but you only have three weeks to enter, start thinking creatively now about the piece of propaganda or graffiti that you want to submit. With any luck it will become a part of City of Heroes for the rest of time!
Player Run Activities/Events
We’re pleased to share that our players are getting involved by throwing their own anniversary-related activities and events. Keep an eye on the website and message board for what the “Off The Cape” Podcast and thecaperadio.com are up to for our six year anniversary. If you’re planning on doing something for your fellow heroes/villains to mark the occasion, let us know! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you promote it!
6 Year Anniversary Badge
Another year means another commemorative badge!
Beginning at 11am EST on Saturday, May 1st, 2010 and continuing until 11:59pm EST on Monday, May 31st, we will be issuing each individual character you log into the game with, the following 6 Year Anniversary badge:
Just a reminder - this badge will be awarded per character, not per account, so be sure to log those characters into the game starting next Saturday, May 1st, if you want them to get the anniversary badge!
It all starts this coming Monday the 26th and we hope you’ll join us celebrate the fact that we’re six years and going strong!
More articles about City Of Heroes