As in the original Tropico, the player will again be able to play the role of “El Presidente” taking over the control of a tropical island. You decide whether you want to use your army to secure your power base in the best traditions of corrupt, unscrupulous tyrants everywhere, or alternatively to lead your people to prosperity in your role as generous elder statesman.
Danger lurks on every corner. There are militant rebels planning a Coup d'État for a communistic Junta, while in the background there are two lurking superpowers, the USA and the Soviet Union, who would perhaps prefer a more pliable president in the strategically important island of Tropico!
Players will return to the island paradise of Tropico to experience unprecedented power as the benevolent (or malevolent) ruler – “El Presidente” while enjoying a whole new series of adventures.
Absolute Power gives players all-new options to rule as an unscrupulous tyrant or benevolent elder statesmen as they decide how to run their very own tropical island paradise. A successful and lucrative term in office is the goal! Absolute Power is packed with new missions, new islands and a whole host of new gameplay features.
One of the many new features in Absolute Power includes the building of new tourist attractions allowing players to create new ways of attracting people to their tropical paradise. This will not only bring in that all important tourist money but create jobs for the locals and raise the local economy (or increase your Swiss bank account!).
For example, the new balloon ride attraction offers tourists a bird’s eye view of the beautiful sights of Tropico but alternatively, the balloon could also be used as advertising space for Hola-Cola or to spread El Presidente's propaganda. The huge ferris wheel is an entertainment icon for Tropicans and tourists alike and is another attraction available to build in Absolute Power. Building a Ferris wheel increases the service quality of the island but be aware that Tropicans with below average courage or slob tourists dare not ride the Ferris wheel so make sure you are attracting the right class of tourist. Complementing the zoo and museum, the Ferris wheel introduces the idea of theme parks on the island of Tropico. The new marina is aimed at attracting wealthier tourists to Tropico. The Marina has several yachts available for hire and these can be upgraded to provide chartered fishing excursions which will increase the service quality for tourists, but will decrease the fishing resources for Tropicans who fish for a living. Remember you can’t please all of the people all of the time!
Absolute Power features:
- New campaign featuring 10 missions on a separate map with 10 islands which are also available in sandbox mode
- New buildings (including Garbage Dump, Marina, Small Garage, Children's Playground, and more...) and a new buildings category for current and new decorations with individual icon models
- New “Megalomania” Edicts - demonstrate your absolute power by ordering the construction of a huge golden statue of Tropico's top export, declaring an annual festival dedicated to yourself or even print your own money!
- Six New Landmarks – build huge decorations and structures which dominate the island landscape and make each island unique.
- New Faction - The “Loyalist Faction” are your die-hard supporters and want no elections (since El Presidente is obviously the best candidate) and want a statue on every corner!
- Faction Disasters - Low standing with any island faction will trigger new disasters if not addressed
- New Intro and Win/Lose Cutscenes
- Four Additional Avatar Costumes – Two for male and two for female avatars
- Beautification upgrades for the presidential palace including rooftop pool, extra towers, flags, banners and a larger balcony (which will increase the effects of balcony speeches)
- More icons displaying the status of buildings and displaying input/output storage numbers for selected buildings
- Prevalent Faction - In every sandbox game one faction is chosen as "prevalent" on the island. Members of this faction will be especially numerous throughout the entire game and their satisfaction will be more important than usual
- More radio announcements to guide you through Tropico’s daily life
- Gravel Roads – A second type of road for rural areas with decreased travel speed
Tropico 3: Absolute Power, requires the full version of Tropico 3, will be available for a $19.99.
More articles about Tropico 3: Absolute Power