Fallen Earth is a post-apocalyptic massively multiplayer online game that mixes first person shooter and role playing game style mechanics. The game is set in 2156, one hundred years after the world is brought low by a plague known as Shiva that killed 99% of the population. The game takes place in and around the Grand Canyon, one of the few habitable places left on Earth, which makes it a place many are willing to kill to control. Our world is one where mankind teeters on the edge of extinction, clinging to the bones of the old world while trying to recover their lost secrets. It's a world of scavengers and desperation. The players are those who choose to rise above the hardships of this new world and work towards a better world, or decide the old world was corrupt and all signs of it must be erased completely.
The core functionality players expect from an MMO, such as raids, clans, auction house, and a mail system, are now up and running in Fallen Earth. Players can combine their efforts in raids of up to four groups or thirty-two players, allowing them to tackle larger threats and compete more effectively in PvP activities. Clans allow players to form large social groups with a number of different ranks, each with its own configurable name and permission list. The auction house system allows players to sell goods to each other with ease, and to search the auction house for items needed for a specific recipe. The mail system enables players to easily stay in contact and trade goods among themselves through the vigilant efforts the Franklin's Riders, the postal service within Fallen Earth.
Blood Sports content patch (v1.4) includes four newly-designed PvP areas, more than 500 achievements, a Clan Wars system and the expansive region of Deadfall, the patch will be available for existing players on May 7.
With more than five months of development on a PvP update, developers at Fallen Earth are introducing Blood Sports, featuring four new PvP matches—Deathmatch, Survival, Capture the Flag and Assault—allowing players the opportunity to queue up for all-out brawls from anywhere in world. Deathtoll Points earned for participation and wins can also be used to purchase new, high-end PvP-oriented armor and gear. (But don’t worry, there will be no sore losers as all participants will score a few Deathtoll points for their efforts).
Additionally the Deadfall region, which expands the current level cap to 50, will introduce more than 130 new missions, extended storylines, mutant mounts and several new craftable items with a new component. In Deadfall, players will experience a vastly changed landscape with five new settlements to explore.
Aside from new content, the Blood Sports patch also contains a slew of improvements, including refined animations, an effects revamp and also a one-time respec opportunity.
Existing Fallen Earth subscribers will have access to the content patch beginning May 7, and new players will be able to purchase Fallen Earth Blood Sports from several digital and retail outlets, which includes the Blood Sports content patch in addition to all the original Fallen Earth content.
Curious players may test the new content on the Public Test Server as portions of the Blood Sports patch are pushed to PTS throughout the upcoming weeks.
“We are thrilled to be able to launch all of the new content in one major patch,” said Fallen Earth Project Manager, Colin Dwan. “The team has worked very hard to make this happen and we’re sure players will enjoy all of the new gameplay enhancements!”
- First Person Shooter/Role Playing Game Hybrid: Engage in intense FPS combat with the depth and customization of RPG character advancement
- Classless Advancement: Utilize the robust skill-based system to build characters with multiple stats, skills, mutation paths, tradeskills and factions
- Massive Real-Time Crafting System: 95 percent of the in-game items—vehicles, consumables, weapons, armor and more—can be made by the players as they scavenge and harvest
- Unique Faction Systems: Ally with or rally against six factions to determine how the post-apocalyptic world is rebuilt
- Multiple Game Play Modes: Experience multiple types of game play including crafting, exploration, vehicle combat and scavenging in both solo and group play
- Tactical Player vs. Player: Battle in one of the open PvP zones or wage war with the factions to claim control of a town
- Vast Explorable World: Put survival instincts to the test while experiencing 70 towns with more than 5,500 missions spread over 1,000 square kilometers of zoneless territory
More articles about Fallen Earth