As the official game of the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, F1 2010 will include all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the coming season. F1 2010 will feature the return of seven times FORMULA 1 Drivers’ World Champion Michael Schumacher, the introduction of several new teams, and the brand new Korean International Circuit that will host the 2010 Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix.
F1 2010 will become the first official Formula One game to appear for Xbox 360 and marks the return of Formula One to PC after an eight year absence.
In F1 2010 gamers will take on the full, expanded grid in a variety of game modes including Grand Prix, Championship, Time Trial and an extensive, innovative Career mode. F1 2010 will also feature a highly advanced damage model, fully dynamic weather system and extensive competitive multiplayer options.
In production at Codemasters Studios Birmingham, F1 2010 is being developed using the EGO Game Technology Platform, Codemasters’ proprietary tech that powered the critically acclaimed, million-plus selling Colin McRae: DiRT 2 and Race Driver: GRID. The technology has been further developed to accurately recreate the unique aerodynamics and handling of 200MPH+ FORMULA ONE cars. The tech combined with Codemasters’ unprecedented access to FORMULA ONE teams and drivers will ensure that F1 2010 delivers the most authentic Formula One racing experience yet.
“The preference has always been to go down the simulation path,” said Stephen Hood, Chief Games Designer, “You can make a realistic sim easier to play for somebody but it’s very difficult to take an arcade handling system and make that appeal to people who prefer simulation handling.”
Taking FORMULA ONE fans further behind the scenes of F1 2010, the ‘Handling’ developer diary also features new gameplay footage and former FORMULA ONE test driver Anthony Davidson, discussing the development team’s aim to create the “most authentic experience possible.”
In the developer diary, Anthony Davidson, who has been embedded into the team, explains the unique ‘twitchy’ way in which FORMULA ONE cars handle and how this is translated into authentic gameplay. His experience, combined with real world data and feedback from the teams, drivers and tyre manufacturers is enabling the F1 2010 team to bring alive the sensation of being an FORMULA ONE racing driver like never before. As in real life, aerodynamics plays a pivotal role in racing, and players will feel how cars can corner at extremely high speed yet perform very differently at lower speeds.
- All the cars, all the stars. Fully licensed, F1 2010 features all the drivers and teams set to contest the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, including Formula One Drivers’ World Champions Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher.
- Every circuit, beautifully realised. Race wheel to wheel on all 19 of the 2010 tracks, each modelled with exceptional attention to detail and jaw-dropping visuals.
- Be the driver, live the life. There is more to being a Formula One driver than being the fastest person on track and F1 2010 is the first game to allow players to experience the exclusive world of F1 like never before.
- Fully dynamic weather affects your strategy, performance and delivers stunning visual effects. F1 2010 features the most advanced weather system in any racing game.
- Build a career. Whether players wish to work their way up from the bottom, switching teams as they go, or build a dynasty with their chosen team, gamers can fully realise their aspirations in F1 2010’s extensive and challenging career mode.
- The full pit lane, featuring each team in their various stages of strategy, becomes home to tense and exciting moments of drama as the drivers and crew work to return their car to the race as fast as possible.
- Full online multiplayer. F1 2010 will include extensive online multiplayer options allowing players to take on their friends and the rest of the world in a range of race modes.
More articles about F1 2010