Thrusting players into a mature neo-noir crime drama as a vice cop Jack Slate and his canine companion Shadow, the game introduces new gameplay elements that unify the third person shooting and brawling genres for a brutal and relentless new action-driven experience.
Returning to Grant City, a boom town gone bust that is falling to the worst excesses of crime, greed and corruption; Dead to Rights: Retribution follows vice cop Jack Slate as he fights to expose shadowy figures that will stop at nothing to exert their deadly influence over the crumbling metropolis. Dead to Rights: Retribution will form an original story portraying key events that shape and define Jack Slate's character including how he and Shadow first come together as partners against those who would bring the once great city to its knees.
Introducing an innovative new hybrid combat system, Dead to Rights: Retribution puts the full combat potential of a highly trained, highly agitated law-enforcement officer into players’ hands. Use your sidearm to pick off enemies from a distance, take cover and blind-fire with the game’s new ranged combat mechanics, or push the issue by taking human shields, stealing weapons with special disarm moves or dishing out Jack’s own brutal brand of justice with deadly takedown moves. Jack is equally lethal in close-quarters combat, offering players branching melee combos, counterattacks and disarms as they take the fight to the criminal element of Grant City. Jack will encounter a variety of ruthless gangs in the filthy slums and menacing alleys of Grant City, each with their own unique abilities and fighting style that will test his resolve to crush their murderous stranglehold.
Introducing an innovative new hybrid combat system, Volatile Games has unified third person shooting, hand-to-hand fighting and AI dog, Shadow, into a visceral, intense and seamless gameplay experience. Experience Jack’s full combat potential: use your sidearm to pick off the enemy at a distance, take cover and blind fire, take human shields, steal enemies’ weapons with special disarms or unleash his deadly takedowns.
Deadly on their own, Jack and Shadow are even more formidable as they team up to defeat the threats they will uncover. Players will take full control of not only Jack, but also Shadow at various points in the game to stalk enemies or reach areas of the environment that are not accessible by one or the other. Shadow’s heightened senses make him skilled in detecting new threats or flushing out enemies from cover so that Jack can easily dispense with them.
This new premium DLC pack will include two all new gameplay modes in addition to the “Jack Pack” and “Shadow Pack” DLC, which were previously only available to pre-order customers.
“We’ve completely rebooted the Dead to Rights franchise to deliver a satisfying, visceral and action-packed gameplay experience for existing fans and new gamers,” said Olivier Comte, VP Marketing, sales and publishing, NAMCO BANDAI Partners SA.S.. “We’re boosting the action up another notch with an accessibly priced DLC pack filled with all new missions and game-enhancing bonus content.”
The “GAC Pack” will include two new completely different modes of gameplay as well as exciting bonus options to enrich the player’s experience with the core retail game. “Assault on the 87th Precinct” is a new mission that reveals a flip side to the story, allowing players to experience the action from the GAC (Grant City Anti-Crime) enemy’s side of the battle. Players step into the boots of the GAC Sniper, Brawler and Tank characters as they converge upon the GCPD (Grant City Police Department) stronghold under orders to contain all police officers so they can secure a tactical advantage. In “Riot Control Mode,” Jack and Shadow fend off increasingly difficult waves of GAC forces to earn points and achievements based on speed and style, with high score bragging rights on international leaderboards. In addition, the previously exclusive “Jack Pack” and “Shadow Pack” are also included in the “GAC Pack” allowing players to access armor for Jack, stealth camouflage for Shadow, an “action mode” with explosive rounds gunplay, and a “noir mode” with a black, white and red graphic filter.
The “GAC Pack” DLC will be available in Europe on May 26 for Xbox LIVE Marketplace and PlayStation Network, and on June 1st in North America.
Key Features :
- Two Playable Characters:
- Vice-Cop Jack Slate: Pick off enemies with your side arm or get up close and personal and take them down with your bare hands
- Shadow: Sneak up on enemies and kill them silently, or rip into a group and flush them out for Jack to take down!
- Satisfyingly Brutal Disarms/Takedowns: In the face of danger, turn your enemies’ weapons against them with aggressive disarms or execute all-new lethal takedown moves!
- Fluid Combat System: Seamlessly blends ranged combat with most robust brawling system ever seen in a shooter! Pump enemies full of bullets or destroy them up close…the choice is yours
- Intense Hand-to-Hand Combat:
- Take on enemies with branching combos and counters or throw them into each other!
- Engage multiple enemies at one time with the “360 hand-to-hand” feature
- Fast-Paced Gunplay: Shoot it out from cover, blind-fire around corners and use enemies as agile human shields for dynamic cover!
- Captivating Neo-Noir Storyline:
- Take on the Grant City underworld as vice-cop Jack Slate in an in-depth, character-driven storyline
- Combining classical storytelling with advanced game design techniques to immerse the player in a compelling journey.
Dead to Rights: Retribution, rated “M” for Mature, will have an MSRP of $59.99.
More articles about Dead to Rights: Retribution