We're giving away a batch of friends & family codes, which will allow you to check out the multiplayer beta a few days ahead of time (for Xbox Live Gold members only).
Once you’ve completed a multiplayer match, visit the Halo Waypoint portal on Xbox LIVE to redeem a stylish “Halo: Reach” hoodie for your Avatar to show your friends that you participated in the biggest Xbox LIVE event of the spring.
In “Halo: Reach,” players experience the fateful moments that forged the “Halo” legend. It’s the story of Noble Team, a squad of heroic Spartan soldiers, and their final stand on planet Reach, humanity’s last line of defense between the terrifying Covenant and Earth. This darker story is echoed by grittier visuals amid a backdrop of massive, awe-inspiring environments. Characters, enemies and environments are rendered in amazing detail by an all-new engine designed to deliver epic-scale encounters against the cunning and ruthless Covenant.
Once the campaign is over, the battle continues online with an unparalleled multiplayer experience that expands on the award-winning suite of features that helped define the Xbox LIVE experience.
Starting on May 3, the “Halo: Reach” public multiplayer beta will give you the opportunity to drive the latest advancements in multiplayer gameplay in the blockbuster franchise that started it all on Xbox LIVE. Access to the beta will be available through the “Halo 3: ODST” game disc on Xbox LIVE.
The “Halo: Reach” multiplayer beta is set to be the definitive Xbox LIVE event of the spring and will run from May 3 through May 19. The beta will be accessible via the “Halo 3: ODST” game disc (an Xbox LIVE Gold membership and Internet connection are required to play).
As this is a beta, Bungie will be turning on different modes at different times to optimize testing. The beta kicks off with three playlists featuring the all-new, highly competitive Arena mode (4v4 ranked Team Slayer games) as well as “Free-for-All” and “Grab Bag” playlists, which include a mix of classic and brand new game types. Beginning May 7, the new large-scale Spartan vs. Elite “Invasion” playlist will be added to the beta. Finally, beginning May 14 the “Generator Defense” game type will become available.
Everyone who logs in and plays at least one full game of any type in the “Halo: Reach” beta will receive a free “Halo: Reach” Avatar hoodie via the Halo Waypoint portal on Xbox LIVE. To redeem the hoodie, players must access Halo Waypoint and browse their “Halo” Career statistics after completing a match. Additionally, as a way to give even more “Halo” fans a chance to join the fun, online multiplayer for the “Halo: Reach” beta, “Halo 3: ODST” and “Halo 3” will be free for all Xbox LIVE members during the “Halo Multiplayer Unlock Weekend,” which runs from May 14 at 9 a.m. PDT through May 17 at 9 a.m. PDT.
- Meet Noble Team. For the first time, players will fight alongside a squad of iconic Spartan soldiers, each with deadly talents as unique as their individual personalities and customized gear.
- An intense campaign. Live the events that set the stage for the “Halo” trilogy as the UNSC and Covenant clash at the height of their military power. New weapons and abilities complement the familiar “Halo” arsenal for the largest-scale battles ever witnessed in the “Halo” universe. Fiercely cunning artificial intelligence (AI) adds depth and complexity to each encounter, helping make every play-through a unique and epic experience.
- Stunning technical advancements. “Halo: Reach” takes a massive leap forward through all-new engine technology designed to take full advantage of next-generation graphics, audio, special effects, AI and animation while continuing to expand on the campaign, cooperative and multiplayer sandbox in a way that only “Halo” can.
- The definitive multiplayer experience. “Halo: Reach” builds on the success of its predecessors, setting a new standard for competitive gameplay, customization, variety and community integration.
- Unparalleled feature suite. “Halo: Reach” expands on the industry-leading suite of features found in “Halo 3,” including four-player cooperative campaign play, split-screen support, saved films, screenshots and exciting new surprises that have yet to be revealed.
More articles about Halo: Reach