The comprehensive 1.2.6 update comes with a fix in multiplayer where players can join battles when they don’t have the required army pack and a fix to possible registration issues in multiplayer. Also included are over a dozen rule tweaks, a new battle for Storm of Arrows owners, and a few fixes for bugs in the DAG and general gameplay.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Were happy to work together with Slitherine to provide our customers with regular updates that not only improve the game experience but add new content as well. The Field of Glory system is steadily improving and growing with each new update and expansion!”
Changes in v1.1.2
- Change: Medium foot will no longer charge impetuously if they would end up in clear terrain.
- Fix: Correct a number of typo's in the D.A.G. army lists.
- Fix: Issue with some baggage camp deployment locations changing after a game has started.
- Add: Line of sight/Fog of War functionality for Rise of Rome owners.
- Add: Field fortifications can now be deployed in the same way as baggage camps.
- Add: Shooters now use the new Line of Sight logic.
- Fix: Null pointer crash in gamelogic.s.RoutPath.movePathGrow.
- Add: Updated artillery battlegroup graphics.
- Fix: Improved restrictions with a logical 'or' in the DAG.
- Add: Added new user contributed scenario, Rhone Crossing 218 BC (JB).
- Add: Added new user contributed scenario, Akragas 406 BC (DC).
- Add: Added new user contributed scenario, Crimissos River 341 BC (DC).
- Add: Added new user contributed scenario, Hecatombeaum 226BC (AD).
- Add: Added new user contributed scenario, Medway 43AD (ND).
- Add: Added new user contributed scenario, Tagus 220 BC (DC).
Based on Slitherine’s popular tabletop wargaming system by the same name, Field of Glory now comes to the PC in a faithful adaptation of this acclaimed miniatures wargame! Without the calculations and measurements required for a tabletop game of Field of Glory, the PC version accurately represents ancient combat where you make the important and fun decisions on the battlefield.
March mighty legions across famous ancient battlegrounds from Zama in North Africa to the battles of Boudicca’s revolt in Britain. Later releases will expand to new periods and new areas of the ancient and medieval world. Field of Glory sports an easy to use interface with a focus on having fun in ancient combat. Field of Glory also includes a map-maker and scenario-creator which are just as easy to command as your soldiers are on the battlefield, as well as excellent multi-player support.
Field of Glory is turn based and set during the Rise of Rome, from Zama in North Africa to the battles of Boudicca’s revolt in Britain.
The game's main features are:
- Gameplay that allows key decisions to decide the results of historical battles
- Detailed and accurate depiction of ancient warfare
- 12 historical battles with hundreds of units to control
- Play as Rome, Carthage, Gaul, Germanic Tribes and the Spartacus Slave Revolt and even the Roman civil war
- Single and 2 player head to head modes
- Comprehensive scenario builder included
Later releases will include additional battle packs and an army designer where players will be able to choose their favourite armies and match their skills against opponents of their choice, on an almost infinite selection of battle fields.
More articles about Field of Glory