Red Faction: Guerilla Patch #2
- DirectX 9 or 10 selection will now be available using the "-nod3d10" launcher parameter.
- Fine Aim can now be toggled at any time except for sprinting.
- An option for "V-Sync" will be added to the "Options" menu.
- Fixed an issue with weapon selection sticking.
- Fixed Siege and Damage Control target indicators so they will now stay in position within 16:10 resolutions.
- Fixed an error in the resolution list where previously only 16 resolutions could be shown at once.
- Fixed an error where an "Enter" hint was being displayed during auto-saving.
Here are the other items still being worked on for the 2nd patch:
- Windows 7 / Vista speed-up issue.
- Launcher should now default to "Normal" priority.
- Turret speed will be getting tweaked again.
Not being fixed:
- Microphone indicators within matchmaking lobby. Unfortunately, we cannot fix this as it is an issue that is specific to GFWL. We have contacted GFWL about this and hopefully they will provide a fix in the future.
Red Faction: Guerilla Patch #1
- 5.1 Surround Sound was not working properly for some users.
- Several crashes for users running ATI cards have been fixed (most often when accessing Display Options in game)
- Performance improved on ATI cards
- Cursor Sensitivity for 360 controller has been tweaked. Before, moving diagonal and vertical adjustments moved at different speeds. They now move at equal speeds.
- Turret Sensitivity has been adjusted to work without having to drop the base value.
- MP Playlists will be updated to include all maps and modify certain options. Currently, a few maps are only available through Custom Matches.
- Some overlapping text and icons have been fixed.
- (9/30) Modding will be disabled in online matchmaking games with this patch. It will still be available in LAN games, though no XP will be awarded there.
- Download the patch Please ensure that you download and install only the appropriate files for the region of your version of the game as listed below.
- Extract the "Content" directory from the downloaded CAB file. This contains all the files required for the patch.
- Open the "Content" directory and run the executable "rfg_updater.exe" in order to install the patch. Please read the instructions and note that Raptr is an optional install.
- Allow the patch to finish installing.
- Windows Vista/7 - Go to Start >> Programs >> Games >> Games Explorer, and hover your mouse over the RFG icon. It should now state that you're running version "220.127.116.11" in the text that appears.
- Windows XP - Right click "rfg.exe", click "Properties", then the "Version" tab. Look for 18.104.22.168 if installed.
Red Faction: Guerrilla is a 3rd-person, open-world action shooter set on Mars, 50 years after the events of the original Red Faction. Players will take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Throughout their fight for freedom, players will carve their own path, wreaking havoc across the vast, open-world environment of Mars, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos. Utilizing improvised weapons, explosives and re-purposed mining equipment and vehicles, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to tear through fully destructible environments in an unforgiving Martian landscape swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire. Red Faction: Guerrilla will also feature a robust multiplayer component, including several modes focused on destruction-based gameplay.
Red Faction: Guerrilla re-defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets.
- Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
More articles about Red Faction: Guerrilla