Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2010: Reverse of Arcadia marries intricate storylines and new gameplay features making for the most detailed and exhaustive Yu-Gi-Oh! experience on this platform to date.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2010: Reverse of Arcadia expands on gameplay features to make this the biggest Yu-Gi-Oh! game with the most robust feature set imaginable. Players now have access to 3,500 cards – including cards from the Absolute Powerforce series – to compete against friends with or players worldwide via Wi-Fi. A new Rating System which shows the strength of the players can be viewed via the Wi-Fi Connection. When the Rating Number becomes a certain number, challenges like ‘Win Three times in a row” arise, making the battles even hotter. The new Wi-Fi ranking system tracks the win percentages against other duelists worldwide by elevating and decreasing their ranking based on the strength of opponents.
This year, the stakes have been set even higher, as finalists in the US tournament will converge in Southern California and compete against duelists from around the world to be crowned the best Yu-Gi-Oh! player in the World.
The tournament starts online beginning April 5th, 2010 at the official website where contestants register for the tournament and compete in the online qualifiers. The tournament is broken into three online qualifiers (time based) - with regional finalists battling for supremacy in person. The schedule breaks down as follows:
1st Round: Online Qualifier
- Players tested on all things within the Yu-Gi-Oh! Universe through a timed Yu-Gi-Oh! Quiz. The quiz consists of trivia questions from the animated series, the trading card game and the all new Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2010 video game
- Top 256 qualifiers (per region) will advance to the 2nd round and head-to-head play
2nd Round: Online Region Qualifier
- Top 256 in each region will compete down to 128
- Top 128 qualifiers (per region) will compete online until a regional champion is crowned
3rd Round: Yu-Gi-Oh! Online USA Final
- Top 32 finishers from each regional championship will automatically qualify to compete in the online Yu-Gi-Oh! US Championship
- The final 8 are eligible to compete live and in person at the US National Championships
4th Round: Head-to-Head Competition
- Players travel to Minneapolis, MN
o Date: Saturday July 10th, 2010
- Players duel against each other using the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010 game on Ninetendo DS™ via Nintendo Wi-Fi
- 2 winners will be crowned US National Yu-Gi-Oh! Champion and runner up, giving them a free ride to the 2010 Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship Tournament, August 14th - 15th in Long Beach, California.
This exciting tournament will be sure to bring out the storied champions of the past and introduce new stars in the card game franchise that spans across trading cards, video games and television.
- Duel with more than 4,000 playable cards, more than any other Yu-Gi-Oh! title to date
- Ad-hoc gameplay allows up to 4 players to compete against each other at one time through cooperative gameplay or battle in one-on-one duels
- Includes more than 300 hours of gameplay complete with 3D animated cut scenes
- Complete with the latest Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's trading cards from the Ancient Prophecy card packs releasing in September 2009 and a portion of Stardust Overdrive releasing in November 2009
- Battle through Story Mode for total immersion in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's world or compete in Free Duel to get right into the action
- Features all new characters from the animated series to interact with and compete against
- In game storyline is synced with the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's animated series providing a cohesive franchise message to consumers
- Includes 3 exclusive trading cards in pack
More articles about Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010: Reverse of Arcadia