- DirectX 9 or 10 selection will now be available using the "-nod3d10" launcher parameter.
- Fine Aim can now be toggled at any time except for sprinting.
- An option for "V-Sync" will be added to the "Options" menu.
- Fixed an issue with weapon selection sticking.
- Fixed Siege and Damage Control target indicators so they will now stay in their proper positions within 16:10 resolutions.
- Fixed an error in the resolution list where previously only 16 resolutions could be shown at once.
- Fixed an error where an "Enter" hint was being displayed during auto-saving.
- Windows 7 / Vista speed-up issue has been corrected.
- Launcher will now default to "Normal" priority instead of "Above Normal".
- Turret sensitivity has been tweaked to feel more natural.
- Download the patch Please ensure that you download and install only the appropriate files for the region of your version of the game as listed below.
- Extract the "Content" directory from the downloaded file. This will have all of files required for the patch, which include a .exe, a .msi, and a .cab file.
- Run the .exe file within that directory, and it will install the patch.
- Load up the game and play. Your version should now be 184.108.40.206 (Vista / 7) or 220.127.116.11 (XP)
Red Faction: Guerrilla is a 3rd-person, open-world action shooter set on Mars, 50 years after the events of the original Red Faction. Players will take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Throughout their fight for freedom, players will carve their own path, wreaking havoc across the vast, open-world environment of Mars, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos. Utilizing improvised weapons, explosives and re-purposed mining equipment and vehicles, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to tear through fully destructible environments in an unforgiving Martian landscape swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire. Red Faction: Guerrilla will also feature a robust multiplayer component, including several modes focused on destruction-based gameplay.
Red Faction: Guerrilla re-defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets.
- Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
More articles about Red Faction: Guerrilla