Dragonica is a massively multiplayer online casual game developed by Barunson Interactive Co, based in Korea. Dragonica is free-to-play and players may choose to pay for additional content and features on a micro-transaction basis. Barunson Interactive spent seven years developing Dragonica, which brings cartoon side-scrolling action online games to a new peak. The game’s totally 3D rendering design, fresh cartoon characters and scenery modeling, create a new visual perception of side-scrolling games. Dragonica skillfully mixes the elements of action and arcade, and creates various ultimate skills to enhance playability.
Dragonica offers features that will surely capture your gaming senses. The game offers a whole new level of combat system wherein you can perform chain attack combinations paired up with humorous skills that are easy to learn but difficult to master. Community functions such as guilds, parties, marriage system and a lot more will encourage interaction between players. You can also acquire different pets that can be used as mounts or battle assistants and have your own house which you can furnish and decorate. A crafting system will also be available to all 4 character classes which will further evolve into more than 28 different classes. Nominated as “The most anticipated game” by Gamespot Korea after the GStar 2007 convention, Dragonica combines fun, humor, extensive content and innovative gameplay.
From April 4 through April 25, THQ*ICE will be running a special promotion for the new $10 Dragonica Online Earth Series Game Cards. When players redeem a $10 Earth Series Game Card (available for purchase in GameStop in the U.S. and various retailers in Canada), they will receive a special Orange Wreath that is usually available only for those redeeming a $25 Earth Series Game Card. In addition to receiving the Orange Wreath, gamers that redeem the Cards during the promotion will get three 30% Experience Potions that last 20 minutes each – that’s a full hour of bonus EXP!
Additional events taking place this month include:
- Each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday – Quiz Time: The long awaited return of the OX Quiz! Now occurring three times a week at 5 p.m. Pacific, the quiz has three questions, each worth a Gada Coin for the chance to earn up to nine Gada Coins each week. Are you wise enough to earn them all?
- Every Tuesday in April – EXP Boost: From 4-8 p.m. Pacific, we will be boosting EXP rate to +50%.
- April 2nd - 4th: Catch That Bunny: Spot the dancing GM player in a bunny outfit to receive special prizes.
- April 8th – April 22nd – PvP Battle Royale: Players that earn Accomplishments related to winning PvP matches will earn a special prize.
- April 13th – April 19th – Tax Rebate Sale: Special reduced prices to spend your tax rebate on.
- April 15th – Tax Day Gold Increase: To celebrate tax day, we will double the gold amount for killing monsters all day!
- April 22nd – April 25th: Earth Day +40% EXP Boost
To play Dragonica, simply sign up for a free account at the official website and download the game client. Players who have the Closed Beta game client will need to uninstall it and install the release version found at the above link.
More articles about Dragon Saga