Set in the persistent massively multiplayer online 3D world of Mythador, Dawn of Fantasy offers you the chance to write your own chapter in the bloody history of this land. Explore a richly-detailed, endless world, from the high mountain peaks of Southmount in the human realm of Teria to the swamps of Erthee l'Bala of the Wood Elves. Complete dozens of story-driven quests in services of kings, wizards, and fellow adventurers. Interact with thousands of other players through trading, forging alliances, and waging war in both Player vs. Player and Player vs. Environment battles. Build up your villages into towns and then mighty empires, cast mighty magic upon your enemies with a large array of unique spells at your disposal, and lay siege to your enemies with great trebuchets, the brute strength of the walking woods, ogres, and dragon mercenaries to reign supreme. Play as three different races - elves, men, and orcs, each of which offers a radically different playstyle and has been given a deep, compelling mythology, a dramatic historical background, and a spectrum of complex political ambitions that drive the story and gameplay.
Dawn of Fantasy also features an epic single player campaign that covers all three races, and spans over 30 hours of narratives in 10 expansive scenarios. With the amount of scripting and cinematic details often seen in the FPS genre, Reverie World Studios brings new standards in level design, scripting and cinematic appeal to the RTS genre.
Key Features :
- Vivid 3D World - Enhanced by the latest visual technology; yet boasting surprisingly low system requirements, Dawn of Fantasy immerses players in a realistic and vivid 3D world with hundreds of different terrain objects designed to add to the realism and heighten the game experience.
- Epic Fantasy Battles - Lead an army of a thousand in a skirmish with up to seven other players or micromanage your units to sneak into an enemy stronghold in the dead of night. Play with up to seven others in three distinct skirmish modes: Lay Siege, Stronghold Defense, and Build & Defend.
- Innovative MMORTS Approach - Wage war with neighboring regions or complete countless hours of quests as you unveil the dark secrets of Mythador while managing a persistent kingdom and economy with thousands of other players.
- Three Distinct Races - Elves, Men, and Orcs - each with a unique playstyle and background.
- Fully 3D Dynamic World Map - Travel the MMORTS world using a beautifully-designed 3D World Map featuring scale replicas of all the NPC strongholds, quest areas, and the player's homeland.
- Mighty Magic - Earn mana through quest completion and character development to learn new spells and counter-spells, enabling you to wield the power of the elements.
- Advanced Character Development & Abilities - Level up your units through battle, learn new spells, and micromanage individual units for mounting, running, corpse looting, and battle with dozens of unique formations.
- Siege Innovations - User-friendly Siege-oriented gameplay adds a whole new dimension to the battlefield as you ram the enemy gate, scale the walls, and place automated defensive systems, such as: spike traps, stone tippers, boiling oil, and wall-mounted trebuchets.
- Complex Economic Model - Combines the complexity of nearly a dozen gathering and trade possibilities, different for each race, with automated simplicity, allowing players the options to micromanage their economy, or leave it to run itself in times of war.
More articles about Dawn of Fantasy