Silent Hunter 5 ventures into uncharted territory and takes players behind the periscope of a German U-boat to take on the Allied Forces in famous battles across the vast Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea. For the first time in the history of the series, players can live the life of a submarine captain from a first-person view and lead a crew in a critical campaign.
Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic v1.2 Patch
- Fix for CO2 not being saved correctly
- Fix for crew morale
- Fix for weather being reset to clear weather after load
- Fixes for crewmen showing under water under certain conditions
- Fixes for ships exploding in ports or hitting the shore
- Now plot course tool is no longer accessible in the bunker
- Several fixes to ship recognition manual
- Man the deck gun / flak gun orders doesn’t cost morale anymore
- No more crewmembers on burning ships
- Several crew animation and interaction fixes
- Fixed some performance problems inside submarine
- Fixed selection contour being visible when a character was already selected
- Fixed a bug where the moon was closer than it should
- Fixed a bug where the sun disk would be visible underneath thick cloud cover
- Fixed torpedo doors
- Fixed torpedo propeller not turning
- Fixed electric torpedoes trail
- Fixed several dials that were not working inside the submarine
- Fixed a bug where the player can get stuck in the sub's outer hatch geometry
- Fixed a problem with magnetic detonators didn't work properly
- Fixed several localization problems on the German version
- Compass added to the game interface
- Return to course order added
- Depth under keel order added
- Environmental lighting and effects improvements
- Improvements on particle performance on single core processors
- All multiplayer maps will display the same map info as the map on the solo campaign
- Ports in the North Africa in the German territory are under enemy occupation
- South Africa supplies: The existence of another ship that looks identically with the targeted one may generate confusion
- Fixed spawn radius for some convoys (previously spawned on the shore)
Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic v1.1 Patch
Bugs and issues
- Update to the leader boards data security
- Now torpedo Officer's abilities upgrades work properly
- Fixed the promotion points issue for crew in multiplayer
- Fixed a bug where the player will lose the flak gun & hydrophone upgrades if he upgrades the conning tower
- The depth control is now working properly
- Corrected an angle readout when the user manually adjust the angle
- Add visual feedback when the user uses a crew ability
- Now difficulty settings is kept in campaign after the game has been restarted
- Fix a bug where the shortcuts for the abilities are not working when using some keyboard models
- Fix a bug where the camouflage of the submarine didn't apply to the conning tower
- Fix a bug where only 1 Flak gun was upgraded
- Now submarines have the correct icon representation on map
- Fix a bug where the user will receive the defeat screen after completing the campaign with major victory
- Now the external camera works on the realistic mode.
- Fix a bug when talking to the Watch Officer
- Fix a bug when Macro objective can no longer be completed.
- Fix a bug when having the hull integrity below 20% at the end of the campaign will destroy the submarine rather than complete the campaign
- Fix a bug when the user cannot use the attack/observation periscope in certain conditions
- Fix a bug on Windows Vista when installing the game under a standard user account
Game play and others
- Fix a bug when the U-boat does not take damage from AMCs
- Now ships sunk in an area specified by the shape will update the specific Macro objective
- Fix a bug related to the objective condition on the mission The Fate of U-110
- The direction of the enemy locked ships no longer appear in the TAI
- Fix a bug where the texts on the map were overlapping
- On the mission The Cornered Giant the user can no longer complete the mission without sinking any ship
- Fix a bug with German voices and voice over subtitles
- Frame rating improvements when the user enters the bunker
- Fix a bug on load/save where some objectives will not be completed
- Fix a bug when long freeze occurs when a client tries to join a session
- Fix a bug when title remains stuck on synchronizing saved games menu
- Error message appears after redeeming the wallpaper reward.
- Fix a but when there was a significant delay regarding the availability of redeemed rewards in game
- Now Uplay window and taskbar tab have specific icons
- Fix a bug when the user gets a confirmation message instead of notification one
- Incorrect mouse behavior when returning to Main Menu from Uplay
- Several errors appear after buying the two historical missions.
- Error message appears after redeeming the wallpaper reward.
- Fix a bug on German version when value is not translated in the Uplay achievement window
- Fix a bug when improper message displayed when another user logs in on the same account
Silent Hunter 5 key features:
- Walk through highly detailed submarines in the new first-person view and access every part of your U-boat.
- Interact with your crew, watch them perform their daily jobs and experience the tension and fear inside the U-boat through the new advanced order system.
- Choose your own strategy and select your targets with a new objective-driven, dynamic campaign.
- Open new locations, upgrades and resupply possibilities, while the Allied ships adjust dynamically to your approach. Your actions will directly impact the evolution of the campaign.
- Prowl the waters with a brand-new user interface. Now, every beginner can successfully command a sub while remaining free of confusion. In expert mode, experienced players will be provided all the necessary information and controls to command the sub completely on their own.
- Experience the most realistic and immersive Silent Hunter ever created. Improved environment graphics create a powerful level of immersion as you operate authentic, highly detailed U-boats and fight against surface ships.
- Minimum :
- OS: Windows XP (with SP3), Vista (with SP2) or Windows 7
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+
- RAM: 1 GB (WinXP), 2 GB (Vista, Win7)
- Graphics Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c-Compatible
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-Compatible
- HardDrive Space: 8 GB free hard drive space
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ or higher
- RAM: 1 GB (WinXP, Vista, Win7)
- Grafikkarte: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c-Compatible
- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600, Nvidia GeForce 8800 or better (laptop edition of this chipset are not officially supported).
More articles about Silent Hunter 5