MLB Dugout Heroes is the first fully licensed and online-based PC baseball game in North America, featuring all Major League Baseball players and stadiums from the past and present. GamesCampus, the publisher of the game for the North American market, drew great public attention when they announced that they had signed an online interactive licensing agreement with MLB Advanced Media, LP (MLBAM) in November 2008. Based on this agreement, GamesCampus holds the right to incorporate official Major League Baseball league and club marks and logos, MLB ballpark images and more in this micro-transaction based game.
In addition to the MLB-licensed game features, the game has many unique gameplay attractions. It’s unique and realistic leveling system allows players to grow stronger and better as they continue through the game. In addition, special points are given to players as they complete baseball missions (quests) given daily or weekly, and these points can be used to purchase new players, uniforms, items, and more!
New features for the game include: Home Run Derby, cash and in-game items, Welcome Back events and various other updates, including:
- Updated Rosters: MLB Dugout Heroes features updated 2010 rosters for all 30 Major League Baseball Teams. Furthermore, users can also access archived former players from the 1990's. Build the ultimate dynasty using your favorite players from the past along with favorite players from the present.
- New Cash and In-Game Items: Most of the current cash items in the game have now been converted into in-game items that are available for purchase with NUTs (in-game currency). Top items available will include advice from a base-running coach, a veteran running coach for batters, advice from a pitch analyst, and a Seal Player. Players will have many opportunities to receive NUTs throughout the numerous activities in the game.
- Home Run Derby: An all-new Home Run Derby contest will determine the best home run hitter in baseball. Players can hone their home run skills in single player mode or compete with up to five opponents!
"Spring is in the air and that means a brand new baseball season is upon us," said David Chang, EVP of Marketing and Business Development for GamesCampus. "We are celebrating with some major updates to MLB Dugout Heroes and invite returning players and new players alike to come and check out what the game has to offer."
- Draft and create your favorite players from any MLB year – Choose your favorite players from any MLB era and create the best team!
- Play Online or practice by yourself – Play against your friends online to see who’s the best!
- Level up your team and players – By playing against people online, your players level up and become stronger and trained!
- Unique items – Users will be able to purchase new player draft cards, uniforms, bats, pitches, and much more!
- Features animated versions of real MLB players – See your favorite players as cartoon versions of themselves!
- Easy learning curve – Fun for both beginner and expert gamers alike!
More articles about MLB Dugout Heroes