Runes of Magic has redefined the standard for free-to-play MMORPGs in terms of gameplay, fun and quality. The online role-playing game has an exciting, multi-layered story, driven by more than 2,300 quests set in the fantasy world of Taborea. To date, Runes of Magic has attracted more than three million registered users, making it one of the most successful free-to-play titles on the market, and a must play game for all fans of RPGs and MMO games.
Runes of Magic features a unique dual class system enabling players to combine one of eight primary classes with a secondary class. The result is a deep player experience that expands upon the game’s broad customization offering. There are two different playable races, Elves and Humans, from which players can choose. Each dual class combination produces its own powerful elite skills. Another popular feature is the opportunity to furnish your own virtual home, and guilds can construct guild castles, which can be expanded with additional buildings. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and reputation systems, gripping PvP features, deep customization and demanding dungeons, Runes of Magic has something for everyone. Taiwanese developer Runewaker regularly expands the game world with new free content and challenges.
Deep beneath the metropolis of Dalanis, the dungeon for aristocratic criminals has lain hidden for centuries. In ‘Chapter III – The Elder Kingdoms’, workers uncover a secret entrance and discover the terror that lurks within. For centuries the corrupt Prince Maxim Erekat III has used the ruins for monstrous experiments in a power struggle for the rule of the kingdom. In response to these vicious attempts, the King orders adventurer groups with character level 57 to drive the terrors of the dungeon out of the city and to eliminate the evil prince.
Maxim Erekat III himself will be the end boss in both of the instance’s two difficulty levels – a newly introduced feature in Chapter III. To fight the prince explorers need to defeat four other boss opponents, all of which are creatures from Maxim’s hideous experiments. Among these Experiment No. 203: a cross between a lion, an eagle and a snake, and Okander "Mad Man" Mallen, a member of an evil band of robbers, reincarnated by means of forbidden rune magic.
Runes of Magic Features
- Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- In-depth story experienced through over 2,400 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Gripping Player-versus-Player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Easy travel using portal stones and a wide range of mountable animals
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 simultaneous player
- Entertaining mini-games offering variety to the hero’s routine
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
- Free-to-Play: No monthly subscription, free to download the game
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic