Distant Worlds is a vast, real-time, 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.
This new v184.108.40.206 update includes over a dozen important bug fixes as well as major improvements to friendly and enemy AI and automation. Additional economic balancing is also included to fine-tune the 1.0.4 economy and fix an issue with uncapped corruption. Especially improved are troop and agent automation as well as the way the private sector handles its own economic assets if it starts to run in the red.
For the best play experience, Matrix Games strongly recommends that all owners of Distant Worlds upgrade to v220.127.116.11. While 18.104.22.168 will work fine with older saved games, we also strongly recommend starting new games with 22.214.171.124 as some of the bug fixes will not work with saved games from older versions.
With Distant Worlds, gamers can experience a “living galaxy” with endless options and replayability, command vast empires that span many star system and engage in research, diplomacy, ship design, espionage, trade, combat and more!
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Distant Worlds continues to improve in response to feedback from our customers and this significant update is another step along the way. We’re delighted with how Distant Worlds has been received by gamers and reviewers alike and the best is yet to come! It’s great to see that every day more gamers get their hands on Distant Worlds and start creating their own epic tales of galactic conquest!”
Vast galaxies are made to order: up to 1400 star systems, with up to 50,000 planets, moons and asteroids. Galaxies are so deep, fun and immersive that you won’t want to finish the game... Build, expand and improve your empire endlessly. The galaxy is packed with life and activity. Encounter other empires, independent alien colonies, traders, pirates and space monsters. Explore star systems, asteroid fields, gas clouds, supernovae, galactic storms and black holes. Discover evidence of civilizations long since past, uncovering secrets about the galaxy's troubled history...
Best of all, you can play the game your way: enjoy a quick, intense game in a crowded galaxy or take your time in an epic game spread across a vast galaxy!
- Truly Epic-Scale Galaxies: Play in galaxies with up to 1400 star systems and 50,000 planets, moons and asteroids.
- Private Enterprise: The private citizens of your empire automatically take care of mundane tasks like mining, transporting, migration, etc.
- Intelligent Automation: Automate the various tasks in your empire, so that you can focus on the areas that you enjoy most.
- Explore: Explore the vast galaxy, discovering valuable resources, potential colonies for your empire and making contact with other empires.
- Colonize: Send out colony ships to found new worlds for your empire.
- Defend: Patrol the outlying areas of your empire, construct defensive bases, and build up your fleets to protect from raiding pirates or space monsters.
- Diplomacy: Interact with other empires, discussing treaties, making trade offers or just giving them a piece of your mind.
- Espionage: Covertly seek out information about other empires, or even disrupt their progress with acts of sabotage.
- Research: Develop new technologies for use in building your own unique ships and star bases.
- Build: Design and build the ships and star bases in your empire. Construct military behemoths at your space ports. Build mining stations, research installations and more.
- Built-in Game Editor: Fine-tune your own galaxy, adding or removing star systems, planets, asteroid fields, ships or anything else.
More articles about Distant Worlds