Though not a sequel to Cloning Clyde, developers of the title consider Ancients of Ooga to be the classic XLA game’s spiritual successor. The game was heavily influenced by Cloning Clyde, taking on characteristics like extremely unique gameplay, a distinct artistic style, a cast of characters bursting with personality, and a dose of random, silly humor.
Ancients of Ooga is set in a bizarre, tribal universe where, to the Ooganis, it’s customary to eat anything you can get your hands on. Meet, befriend, and finally acquire several other zany Oogani tribes. Uncover their lost, ancient powers and exploit their abilities to lead them in a revolt against the tyrannical Boolis. There are over 50 amazing levels, great replay, plus, narcotic slugs that make you loopy!
This 2 1/2D-side-scrolling adventure is packed with puzzle solving, bad-guy fighting, ladder-climbing, catapulting, strange-object eating, puking enjoyment. Nearly anything is edible: dried wormies, charcoal, peppers, and yes, even your Oogani bothers. But be careful what you eat – while some objects can give your Oogani special powers, others won’t have such a pleasant effect.
Many tribes possess more than one power. Here’s a little information about what each tribe can do.
- Harvesters – Harvesters come from an agricultural realm where they can learn to walk freely through deadly briars and thorns.
- Stoners – With bodies hard as stone, the Stoners can learn to use their bodies to smash through walls or enemies.
- Swimmers – Swimmers possess the ability to breathe underwater and can learn to swim at high speeds.
- Firelings – These Ooganis like it hot - learning to breathe fire helps.
- Flappers – In their high village, learning to fly can be helpful.
- Stinkers – Probably not the first people you’ve met with breath that can kill.
- Warriors – Uncanny, animal-like speed and strength give these Ooganis the edge in most fights.
Ancients of Ooga! is coming to the Xbox Live Marketplace for just 800 Microsoft Points!
More articles about Ancients of Ooga