In Dragon Ball: Origins 2, players battle through the Red Ribbon Army saga covering Goku’s first encounters with the nefarious Red Ribbon Army up to the resurrection of Upa’s father, a member of the native tribe who serve as the guardians of the mystical Korin Tower. Players have the chance to play not only as Goku, but also the added variety of familiar faces he encounters as the journey progresses including Krillin, Bulma, Yamcha and more, each with their own abilities and power-ups. The whimsical and beloved graphical style of the series comes to life as animated cut-scenes unfold the story.
A challenging mix of action and exploration awaits, as Goku and friends must use a wide range of skills to solve puzzles, find treasure chests, and defeat armies of baddies. A situation-based camera adapts with the changing gameplay to bring players closer to the action. An overhead view allows players a broad perspective as they jump, swing and charge through forests, underwater areas and more. Meanwhile, key boss battles switch to side-view to emphasize the signature fighting style of the Dragon Ball series. With support for both stylus and button input options, players are free to choose their preferred control style.
In addition to an exciting single-player mode, two players can join up for satisfying co-op multiplayer challenges via a wireless local connection. By playing the single-player adventure, special multiplayer stages including challenging boss fights unlock and become available. Players are also able to carry over their saved character from the single-player mode as they battle alongside friends in co-op mode.
A free downloadable demo version of the game will be available via the Nintendo Channel on the Wii console starting on May 31, 2010.
- Face off against the Red Ribbon Army – Relive the Red Ribbon Army Saga and experience all the key events from the original anime series through eight different multi-level episodes. A private army led by Commander Red, the Red Ribbon Army has soldiers all over the world in search of the enchanted Dragon Balls. Even now, their shadow looms over Goku as he sets off unaware of what lies in wait…
- Play as Multiple Characters – Fight not only as Goku, but also a variety of familiar faces that he encounters as his journey progresses, including Krillin, Bulma, Yamcha and more, each with their own abilities and power-ups.
- Experience the Ultimate Dragon Ball Action – A challenging mix of action and exploration requires Goku and friends to use a wide range of skills to solve puzzles, find treasure chests, and defeat armies of skilled opponents. Advance to collect a variety of tools, items, figurines and other valuables that can help you on your journey. Use either standard controls or the stylus to control Goku and unleash aerial attacks, land devastating combos and interact with the environment.
- Get the Best View – A situation-based camera adapts with the changing gameplay to bring players closer to the action. An overhead view allows players a broad perspective as they jump, swing and charge through forests, underwater areas and more. Meanwhile, key boss battles switch to side-view to emphasize the signature fighting style of the Dragon Ball series.
- Co-op Gameplay – Team up with a friend via a wireless local connection and conquer a series of intense multiplayer battles against unique and powerful rivals. Play through the single player adventure to unlock additional multiplayer stages, including challenging boss fights, as you make your way to the top of Survival Tower.
Dragon Ball: Origins 2, rated “T” for Teen, will have an MSRP of $29.99.
More articles about Dragon Ball: Origins 2