Players can create their own career paths – be it brigand, mercenary, privateer, merchant or whatever mix they please, while buying (or capturing) alien technology to customise their highly adaptable ship, the DarkStar One, with hundreds of possible combinations of weapons, shields, armour and components.
DarkStar One: Broken Alliance combines fast and furious in-the-cockpit starship combat with a deep storyline involving love, family, betrayal and mysterious alien races. Play as Kayron Jarvis, a young and ambitious space faring adventurer as he attempts to unravel a family mystery, braving the depths of space, encounters mysterious aliens and blasts his enemies to dust in his uniquely customizable ship – the DarkStar One.
Alien Ships Overview – Part I
In DarkStar One: Broken Alliance, players come face-to-face with six alien races, each featuring distinct ships, personalities and battle tactics. To give would-be fighter jocks their best chance in battles and negotiations with these extraterrestrials, we are pleased to release a brief primer on three of these races. Part 1 of the "Alien Ships Overview", which is available now, looks at the ships and tactics of the Mortok, Raptor and Terrans.
Ready to don your space-suit and blast into the adventure of a lifetime? DarkStar One: Broken Alliance is your chance to do just that, as it combines fast and furious in-the-cockpit starship combat with a deep storyline involving love, family, betrayal and mysterious alien races.
Play as Kayron Jarvis, a young and ambitious spacefaring adventurer as he attempts to unravel a family mystery, braving the depths of space, encounters mysterious aliens and blasts his enemies to dust in his uniquely customizable ship - the DarkStar One.
- The Terrans: The Terrans prefer forward facing weapons and missiles and they usually attempt to keep the player within their cone of fire. The Terrans prefer a design with classical shapes and neutral colors.
- The Mortok: The Mortok do not use bow weapons. Instead, they rely upon turrets, which can fire in any direction. When the Mortok are pursued, they are able to employ a sudden reverse thrust, which will enable them to withdraw from the opponent’s cone of fire. The Mortok like bulky and rounded shapes. Their ships are heavily armored and therefore, they are not very agile.
- The Raptor: The Raptor have a special combination of weapons at their disposal: they possess an extraordinary bow weapon that inflicts damage only to shields, and they use a rocket launcher that fires and recharges rapidly to deal punishing damage once an enemy’s shields have dropped. The ships and the stations of the Raptor typically feature lizard-like shapes.
- An open-ended storyline that allows players to choose their path to fortune and glory - play as a privateer, mercenary, smuggler, trader or any combination of these – tweaking your ship's capabilities and tactics to best suit your style of play.
- Fully customise your ship with weapons, engines, shields and over 200 distinct components. Purchase the parts you need, or capture them from enemy ships. Turn the DarkStar One into a heavily armed freighter, fast attack boat, cruiser or whatever you like, all based on a massive variety of customisation options.
- Explore a universe comprised of more than 330 solar systems populated by six distinct alien races, each with their own technology, architecture and space combat tactics. Befriend aliens and trade with them for new equipment, or gun them down and take their technology – the choice is yours.
- A stunning full 1080p HD-powered 3D graphics engine, an intuitive user interface, more than 40 minutes of cut scene storytelling, and over 90 minutes of Dolby 5.1 channel surround sound music immerse the player in thrilling space combat and unpredictable encounters with alien races and exotic worlds.
- An innovative hybrid gameplay style effortlessly moves the player between story-driven adventure gaming and fierce space battles in full 3D, while a richly developed trading and customization system seamlessly links the two modes of play.
More articles about Darkstar One