Once again, put yourself into the shoes of Howard E. Loreid and delve into a chilling Lovecraftian world which is getting darker every moment.
In "The Dark Lineage", a ‘Lovecraftian’-style adventure game, Howard E. Loreid discovers his own horrible past is connected with the madness that is about to swallow him.
The Dark Lineage will take you to places where the "things" of the past still live, and all the memories that should be long-forgotten are still remembered; including a drowsy, depressive town called Arkhamend, a victorian mannsion that hides a lot of horrible secrets, a dilapidated building inside a notorious, snow-clad woods and dim underground buildings and tunnels.
The Dark Lineage is coming more frightening and stronger than the previous installment as it is armed with a more advanced, realtime 3D game engine. Interact freely with the game world: use dynamic light sources, carry them with you to light your way, push, pull or throw objects away to find out the underlying secrets and examine every little detail. A fresh and realistic gaming experience which was not seen in any other adventure game is waiting for you.
Prepare yourself for the descending darkness, this time it will be ultimate.Key Features:
- A new and more advanced game engine: With the new and more advanced version of the original game engine of Darkness Within, you can move anywhere you want, light up your way with light sources that cast real-time soft shadows and realistically lift up, push, pull or throw objects with the power of NVIDIA PhysX engine.
- Built-in Hint System with 3 Difficulty Levels: Players can choose to play in Standard, Detective or Senior Detective modes.
- Dynamic Puzzles and Features: Traditional adventure game puzzles are complimented by deciphering dreams, underlining excerpts in documents to garner critical clues and interacting physically with the environment.
- Enhanced Gameplay Experience: The proprietary fully 3D realtime game engine enables compelling special effects, stunning visuals, and dynamic lighting and shading, in a first person game environment.
- Eerie Gameplay Atmosphere: An immersive experience is created by a fascinating Lovecraftian story, chilling real-time cut scenes, and haunting music.
More articles about Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage