Runes of Magic has redefined the standard for free-to-play MMORPGs in terms of gameplay, fun and quality. The online role-playing game has an exciting, multi-layered story, driven by more than 2,300 quests set in the fantasy world of Taborea. To date, Runes of Magic has attracted more than three million registered users, making it one of the most successful free-to-play titles on the market, and a must play game for all fans of RPGs and MMO games.
Runes of Magic features a unique dual class system enabling players to combine one of eight primary classes with a secondary class. The result is a deep player experience that expands upon the game’s broad customization offering. There are two different playable races, Elves and Humans, from which players can choose. Each dual class combination produces its own powerful elite skills. Another popular feature is the opportunity to furnish your own virtual home, and guilds can construct guild castles, which can be expanded with additional buildings. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and reputation systems, gripping PvP features, deep customization and demanding dungeons, Runes of Magic has something for everyone. Taiwanese developer Runewaker regularly expands the game world with new free content and challenges.
Since the main release of the third chapter of Runes of Magic -The Elder Kingdoms last week, a range of new features have been available to players, including the new ‘Set-Skill System’. This system allows players on level 50 and above to add new and diverse skills to their characters by collecting armor sets.
The coveted pieces of armor can either be won in Taborea’s dungeons, or purchased from a special trader in the city of Dalanis. The single pieces do still offer classic attributes and automatically add to characters’ stats. But once a player has collected all of the pieces of an armor set, special set-skills can now be activated through the new set-skills section on the function menu and then moved to the action bar. Currently players can simultaneously activate a maximum of two set-skills, but three additional slots will be added in the near future.
The main expansion of Runes of Magic, ‘The Elder Kingdoms’, went online on May 18th and expanded the virtual world with a new continent, additional regions and dungeons amongst other features.
Chapter III – What’s New?
- Level cap raised to 58
- Two new zones with new dungeons and world bosses
- Siege wars enabling battles between entire guilds
- Expanded monster compendium
- New party search tool
- New crafting system to create fusion stones with individual stats
- Newly-expanded skill system linked to armor sets
- Dual difficulty levels in the most challenging dungeons
- New token system allowing the trading of exclusive armor sets
- Guild buffs now available in guild castles
- New guild mini-games
Still to come in Chapter III
- Additional level cap raise to level 60
- Two-player mounts
- Role-play elements including a marriage system
- New dungeons
- New regions
Runes of Magic Features
- Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- In-depth story experienced through over 2,400 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Gripping Player-versus-Player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Easy travel using portal stones and a wide range of mountable animals
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 simultaneous player
- Entertaining mini-games offering variety to the hero’s routine
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
- Free-to-Play: No monthly subscription, free to download the game
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic