The popular 2D side-scrolling title first released on the 16-bit SEGA Genesis and later on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Rocket Knight debuts on next generation consoles fifteen years later with updated graphics and alluring new environments.
In Rocket Knight, players take on the role of a fiery opossum named Sparkster who returns home to the Kingdom of Zephyrus after 15 years to find it in shambles. Using wits and a trusty rocket pack, players must steer clear and overcome a hostile wolf army looming to take the lives of the Zephyrus people. A 2.5D action adventure title, Rocket Knight brings expansive new worlds, each with massive platform levels and a rocket flying level. As players navigate through the challenges, their rocket pack can be used to ricochet off walls, launch Sparkster through obstacles and enemies in his way, and rocket drill through weak walls to create new passageways. Along with burst projectiles that shoot from Sparkster's sword to attack distant foes, a burst vortex can also be created from players' rocket pack to repel enemy bombs back at them. If all else fails, players can use Sparkster's prehensile tail to hang from and slide down rails in order to avoid danger. With timed levels and leaderboards, dedicated players will also be able to show off their high scores and fastest times online.
- Gorgeous next-gen graphics and dazzling new environments. You’ve never seen Sparkster like this before!
- All new levels and challenges. Four exciting new worlds, featuring expansive platform stages and thrilling flight stages!
- Classic rocket action gameplay. Launch and bounce Sparkster through obstacles and enemies that get in his way!
- Ricochet off walls
- Create a Burst Vortex to repel enemy bombs right back at them!
- Use Burst Assist and hover in place to maneuver in mid-air
- Shoot Burst Projectiles from Sparkster's sword to attack distant foes
- Rocket Drill through weak walls and create new passageways
- Hang from and slide down rails with your prehensile tail
- Who’s the best? Show off your high scores and fastest times with Leaderboards
More articles about Rocket Knight