If you thought you knew street racing, think again – prepare for multi-vehicle action across the tops of unstable skyscrapers, through ravaged buildings, into darkened subways and over twisting bridges while jaw-dropping quakes tear the city apart in real time. Join us for the ultimate party ... at the end of the world.
It’s no longer just about winning. It’s about a fight for survival. The abandoned metropolis is the perfect playground for a genre-thrashing, all-new MotorStorm action racing festival. Pick your vehicle from one of 13 classes, including supercars, muscle cars, superbikes, and even choppers, then choose one of 40 unique races while looters and military contractors fight for what is left of the city. No track is ever the same as you endure hundreds of explosive real-time dynamic events in the most unpredictable and spectacular races of your life.
In single player mode, experience a unique story of three characters – each of whom offers a different difficulty level – as they experience the insane urban festival from unique perspectives, and finally get to learn more about the crazy crew behind each MotorStorm festival. If you want to show off your reckless driving skills, you can race against 4 of your friends in split-screen or race against 16 players online; or combine the two. The Game Mode Creator lets you create, share and play totally new game experiences from scratch, and you can customise your vehicle in game or download new vehicles, parts and graphics from PlayStation Store via PlayStation Network and share designs with friends around the world. There are so many combinations that each player could own a unique vehicle to suit their racing style.
- Sixteen player online multiplayer.
- Four player split-screen.
- Combinations of the two. Play with three friends in the living room against 12 more online.
- Massive vehicle customisation. Change vinyls, vehicle parts, vehicle shapes and more. Upload them to the community site and share them with others. They automatically work on all vehicle types, and include your PSN ID.
- Vehicle perks. Modify your handling, boosting and offensive abilities as you unlock new perks.
- A wealth of rankings to progess through online with associated rewards and recognition.
- Stacks of online rewards to earn and persistent progress giving the most determined and successful racers the status and recognition they deserve.
- Persistent matchmaking. Keep your party together throughout your gaming session.
- A Game Mode Creator. From a completely blank canvas you can design your own game rules and victory conditions, play them online, and incorporate them into tournaments.
More articles about MotorStorm: Apocalypse