The game captures the drama and excitement of the Discovery Channel’s Emmy-winning, #1 series Deadliest Catch, challenging players to take on the world’s toughest job, crab fishing.
Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos combines strategy and action as players chart a course through the unforgiving Bering Sea on a quest for Opilio and King Crab. To begin, players choose a boat to command for a season and strategically decide where and when to harvest the crab. The action comes when it is time to successfully retrieve crab pots from an angry sea. Players will test their skills in the real-life situations that captains and crew encounter daily, including setting pots, repairing the ship, sorting the catch, breaking the ice and even rescuing men overboard.
Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos also provides plenty of ways to connect with the TV show and loyal fans, including competing with the other captains from the show and comparing their in-game crab “takes" with actual takes as documented in seasons of Deadliest Catch on TV. Players will also compete in online "leagues," which pit virtual captains against other fans and players.
- Choose to fish with the real life captains and fish the authentic boats or create your own customized scenario;
- Utilize a unique combination of strategy and action to capture the biggest catch;
- Work with or against rival captains, battle unpredictable seas and ever-changing conditions;
- Select from six unique Campaigns, both King & Opilio Crab seasons as well as Derby or Quota style competition;
- Relive actual past seasons with key events which happened during the Deadliest Catch TV season including, monster waves, aggressive ice, frequent breakdowns, large storms and large hauls from particular locations. Players can also take on rivals (online & off), fish multi-season campaigns & more;
- Supports Xbox Live online entertainment network, PlayStation Network and PlayStation Move
“Deadliest Catch has earned an extremely loyal and passionate fan base over the years by delivering an intense look behind the scenes of the world's most dangerous job,” said Betsi Gijanto, Executive Vice President, Crave Games. “The Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos game brings the adrenaline and action from the series directly to the fans with a line-up of captains and ships pulled straight from the show.”
“Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos mirrors our lives on the sea and puts players in my Captain's chair to see if they have what it takes to deliver the catch,” said Johnathan Hillstrand, Deadliest Catch aptains of the Time Bandit boat. “It even makes my brother, Andy, look like he knows what he’s doing.”
More articles about Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos