Red Dead Redemption is a Western epic, set at the turn of the 20th century when the lawless and chaotic badlands began to give way to the expanding reach of government and the spread of the Industrial Age.
An automatic title update (version 1.02) is now available for Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. You will be prompted to download the title update as soon as you sign into PSN or Xbox LIVE.
The main issues fixed by the title update are as follows:
- Resolved various NAT incompatibility issues (Click here for tips on how to optimize your firewall settings)
- Improved connectivity to multiplayer for users with slower connections
- Improved reporting for Shootout and Gang Shootout games
- Fixed instance where Mo Van Barr would not appear as a bounty
- Fixed multiplayer titles not appearing for some users in the outfitter
- Fixed instance where lawmen stopped responding even though the player was wanted
- Fixed Issue with hogtied victims disappearing when ragdolled
- Fixed crash in Free Mode when cooking dynamite and going into the water
- Fixed audible glitch at the end of some cutscenes
- Fixed Solomon's Folly Action Area not ending after posse leader teleports in late
- Corrected Social Club 100% Tracker so stats update properly
- Various multiplayer issues addressed including load screen hang-ups and UI glitches
- Eliminated miscellaneous game crashes
Additionally, this update includes support for a new playlist by popular demand, Hardcore Free Roam supporting only expert aim. This playlist will be released once this title update has time to propagate on both consoles. We will update this post with the word as soon as that playlist is confirmed as functional.
Red Dead Redemption recreates the American West at the turn of the 20th century: a violent and turbulent time of rapid growth and change. Players become the partially reformed outlaw John Marston; blackmailed by the government, his family threatened as he is forced to traverse the vast and unforgiving expanses of the Western frontier in search of members of his former gang. In a dangerous world full of opportunistic criminals, corrupt officials and settlers battling the elements in a struggle to survive, Marston’s journey takes him from the dusty and lawless frontier to the civilized towns of the North, and down into a Mexico on the brink of a full-scale civil war.
Utilizing Rockstar's proprietary Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE), Red Dead Redemption features an open-world environment for players to explore, including frontier towns, rolling prairies teeming with wildlife, and perilous mountain passes - each packed with an endless flow of varied distractions. Along the way, players will experience the heat of gunfights and battles, meet a host of unique characters, struggle against the harshness of one of the world’s last remaining wildernesses, and ultimately pick their own precarious path through an epic story about the death of the Wild West and the gunslingers that inhabited it.
More articles about Red Dead Redemption